LOGO-L> Welcome to logo-l
Author Message
 LOGO-L> Welcome to logo-l

to contact a human.

 Here's the general information for the list you've subscribed to,
 in case you don't already have it:

[Last updated on: Mon Oct 23  2:10:44 1995]

the Global SchoolNet Foundation.

Your moderators are Michael Tempel from the Logo Foundation and John
St. Clair of the Global SchoolNet Foundation.

This newsgroup serves as an on-line forum for teachers using Logo in
their classrooms.

As with any discussion group, this on-line discussion will be most
successful when many "voices" are heard.  Please feel free to share your
experiences with Logo in your curriculum as well as news about special
projects going on in your classroom. Also, feel free to weigh in with
your expertise. And when you get "stuck," post your questions and
problems here.

If you're new to this newsgroup, we invite you to post an introduction
of yourself and your experiences and applications for Logo. We look
forward to hearing from you.

The objectives of this LOGO forum are:

1. Promote active sharing of ideas among Logo using educators.

2. Provide a forum for questions to be asked about using Logo in the
   classroom.  This could be of service to both experienced and novice
   Logo educators.

3. Provide a meeting place for Logo educators interested in
   collaborating on telecomputing projects involving their students
   sharing Logo creations.

4. Provide a forum for discussion of educational philosophy on the use
   of technology in education and how Logo fits into that philosophy.

We look forward to many fruitful Logo discussions.

Michael Tempel - Logo Foundation
John St. Clair - Global SchoolNet Foundation

HOW TO USE THE LOGO-L LIST
--------------------------
When you wish to post a message or reply to the list, address your
message To:

Messages to logo-l will be posted for all list members to see.

If you are replying to a posting to the list, you probably will want to
reply to the sender of the message with a copy to the logo-l list.  This
will ensure that the original sender gets the reply in case of any
technical difficulties with the listserv.

Reminder: if your reply is purely personal, be sure you address the
message to the original sender's personal email address.

SCHLnet NEWSGROUPS
------------------
This newsgroup is made available to you by the Global SchoolNet
Foundation, a U.S. non-profit corporation.

The Global SCHLnet Newsgroup service consists of over seventy
informative and useful newsgroups covering a variety of educational
topics. SCHLnet is delivered to over 300 educational Internet providers
around the world, and is the only professionally managed K-12 newsgroup
service available on the Internet.

Global SchoolNet Foundation                       Voice: 619-475-4852
PO Box 243, Bonita, CA 91908                        Fax: 619-472-0735
            Linking Teachers and Students Around the World

John St. Clair  Ontario,California Teacher of LogoWriter and LEGO Logo
                    FrEdMail and Logo Evangelist
 Global SchoolNet Foundation Board of Directors      CTP Telementor

Fri, 24 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> Welcome to logo-l

<snip>

Quote:
> If you're new to this newsgroup, we invite you to post an introduction
> of yourself and your experiences and applications for Logo. We look
> forward to hearing from you.

. . .

Actually, I don't subscribe to the mailing list, but I do keep an eye on
the newsgroup.

I'm Paul Wexelblat
I suspect that I've been involved with Logo longer than anyone else who
posts here.
I wrote parts of Logo on the DEC PDP-1 at BBN in the late 60's?
(The first Logo was actually written in LISP on the PDP-1 at BBN, but if
you've read the FAQ file, this is not new to you.)
I'm not doing Logo stuff now, but I do (occasionally) teach Computer
Science at UMass.
I'd be glad to add an historical aspect to philosophical issues, or a
philosophical aspect to historical issues

My real email address (antispam) is

or

and...
I built the first Logo turtle (a remote controlled, wireless floor
turtle with sensors named Irving)
        ...wex

Mon, 27 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L> Apple logo/MSW Logo