LOGO-L> MS-DOS version of Logo 
Author Message
 LOGO-L> MS-DOS version of Logo

Quote:

> My fifth grade son is learning Logo on an Atari at his
> school.  Is there an MS-DOS version of Logo available
> so that he can continue his learning at home?

Actually, MS-DOS is the platform with the most LOGO interpreters. Free ones,
too. UCB-logo is a great free interpreter with DOS, Mac, Win32 and UNIX
versions. LogoWriter is also a great interpreter, but it is not free. It is
easier to use though.

To get more info on logo resources, go to http://www.*-*-*.com/ and visit the
resources section. The site is under construction but it contains links to
all the LOGO interpreters (or at least, all the modern ones).

If you did not know about logo on other platform, you will be amazed because
LOGO on the Atari XL/800/400/ST is considered very obsolete. Newer versions
for DOS, Windows and Mac have much more features and no limitions on memory.
They're also more colorful (especially the Windows versions)

        Regards,

--
Tennessee Carmel-Veilleux (Coordonator of Digital Meltdown)

Support Linux ! (www.linux.org;www.gnu.org) 1.99$ CD->(www.cheapbytes.com)
||*|| This message was written in Canada / Ce message a ete ecrit au Canada

---------------------------------------------------------------





Wed, 18 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 LOGO-L> MS-DOS version of Logo

Quote:
>Newer versions
>for DOS, Windows and Mac have much more features and no limitions on memory.
>They're also more colorful (especially the Windows versions)

I'm curious. Are the Windows versions of Logo really more colorful than the
Mac versions? By this do you mean that there are more colors available or
that the implementations are more colorful?

I have not noticed such a difference, but I admit that I do very simple
color work. 256 colors on old machines does me just fine.

Thanks.

Chuc

Charles T. Smith
Professional Educator and Logo Maniac
535 Cap Au Gris
Troy, MO 63379
314-528-7074

http://www.math.fan.org/~turtle_family

---------------------------------------------------------------





Wed, 18 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 LOGO-L> MS-DOS version of Logo

Quote:


> >Newer versions
> >for DOS, Windows and Mac have much more features and no limitions on memory.
> >They're also more colorful (especially the Windows versions)

> I'm curious. Are the Windows versions of Logo really more colorful than the
> Mac versions? By this do you mean that there are more colors available or
> that the implementations are more colorful?

Hmmm... I should have said "the newer Windows and Mac version" :) Take
MSWlogo for example. It has access to 24-bits color, so theorically, it's got
more than my puny UCB-logo with 16-colors in X :) Kids like color. You give
them LOGO for the Apple ][ and Logo for Mac, which one will they take ?

Quote:
> I have not noticed such a difference, but I admit that I do very simple
> color work. 256 colors on old machines does me just fine.

I almost never use graphical capabilities of LOGO because I use it as a
programming tool, not a multi-media authoring system...

        Regards,

--
Tennessee Carmel-Veilleux (Coordonator of Digital Meltdown)

Support Linux ! (www.linux.org;www.gnu.org) 1.99$ CD->(www.cheapbytes.com)
||*|| This message was written in Canada / Ce message a ete ecrit au Canada

---------------------------------------------------------------





Wed, 18 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 LOGO-L> MS-DOS version of Logo
My son and I thank all of you for your help in finding
a current version of Logo.  He received a Jim Muller's
"The Great Logo Adventure" yesterday and is enjoying
it!
 - - Nick - -
Quote:


> > My fifth grade son is learning Logo on an Atari at his
> > school.  Is there an MS-DOS version of Logo available
> > so that he can continue his learning at home?

> Actually, MS-DOS is the platform with the most LOGO interpreters. Free ones,
> too. UCB-logo is a great free interpreter with DOS, Mac, Win32 and UNIX
> versions. LogoWriter is also a great interpreter, but it is not free. It is
> easier to use though.

> To get more info on logo resources, go to http://www.logo.org and visit the
> resources section. The site is under construction but it contains links to
> all the LOGO interpreters (or at least, all the modern ones).

> If you did not know about logo on other platform, you will be amazed because
> LOGO on the Atari XL/800/400/ST is considered very obsolete. Newer versions
> for DOS, Windows and Mac have much more features and no limitions on memory.
> They're also more colorful (especially the Windows versions)

>         Regards,

> --
> Tennessee Carmel-Veilleux (Coordonator of Digital Meltdown)

> Support Linux ! (www.linux.org;www.gnu.org) 1.99$ CD->(www.cheapbytes.com)
> ||*|| This message was written in Canada / Ce message a ete ecrit au Canada

> ---------------------------------------------------------------






Wed, 18 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 LOGO-L> MS-DOS version of Logo
Terrapin Software offers PC Logo for DOS as well as a wide variety of
Logo-related teaching materials.  You can review our products on our web
site at www.terrapinlogo.com.  I will be happy to mail you a catalog if you
will send your mailing address.

Bill Glass
Terrapin Software

Quote:
-----Original Message-----


Date: Friday, October 30, 1998 10:40 PM
Subject: LOGO-L> MS-DOS version of Logo

>My fifth grade son is learning Logo on an Atari at his
>school.  Is there an MS-DOS version of Logo available
>so that he can continue his learning at home?

>Thanks
>Nick

>---------------------------------------------------------------




---------------------------------------------------------------





Thu, 19 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Logo for MS-DOS ("rich logos")

2. LOGO-L> beta version star-logo

3. LOGO-L> Apple logo/MSW Logo

4. LOGO-L> Reseach Machines Logo (RM LOGO)

5. Where can I get logo for MS-DOS (EGA-VGA)

6. Logo for MS-DOS

7. LOGO for PC (MS-DOS)

8. PD Logo for MS-DOS FTP-SITE ?

9. LOGO for MS-DOS

10. logo for ms-dos

11. LOGO-L> Welcome to logo-l

12. LOGO-L> Re: Dynamic scope in Logo

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software