Constructivist good news/bad news
Author Message
 Constructivist good news/bad news

Just thought you constructivists out there would like this wierd and
entertaining piece: http://www.*-*-*.com/
?
According to the author, Martin A. Kozloff,?if you're a constructivist, you
are a member of the power establishment! That's the good news. The bad news
is you're criminal at worst, insane at best.?I guess we knew that already.
?
Tom
<File attached: image.tiff>

LogoForum messages are archived at:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:25:52 GMT
 Constructivist good news/bad news

Quote:
> Just thought you constructivists out there would like this
> wierd and entertaining piece:
> http://people.uncw.edu/kozloffm/believing.htm

And what an incredibly biased and one sided rant that rant
is.  I probably mostly agree with the author's chosen side
of the debate, I like my teaching structured enough to
demonstrate that the teacher has done his/her _own_
homework, but that stuff was so offensive to reason I was
stopped in my reading one-third of the way through.  Check
out the two links Brian Harvey recently posted about his
high school teaching days to see that "letting people do
their own thing" can be at least as valuable a teaching
method as is standing, tin dictator, at the front of the
class and controlling everything.

Quote:
> According to the author, Martin A. Kozloff, if you're a
> constructivist, you are a member of the power
> establishment! That's the good news. The bad news is you're
> criminal at worst, insane at best. I guess we knew that
> already.

Indeed, but then some balance against the control-freakoids
of the universe needs to be struck too, and frequent trips to
the cellblock or the assylum is a small price to pay to keep
some tiny spark of liberty still alight.

xanthian, been to both, the former recently and often, doesn't
ennoble me or make me right, in my probable criminal madness,
though.  That needs independent judgement to determine.

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 07:28:34 GMT

1. Constructivist good news/bad news

2. Constructivist good news/bad news

3. Imaginary numbers & J: good news/bad news

4. C4-B2 : Got it in the mail - Good News \ Bad News]

5. C4-B2 : Got it in the mail - Good News \ Bad News

6. OT good news/bad news

7. COBOL FAQ (availability) - Good News/Bad News

8. C4-B2 : Got it in the mail - Good News \ Bad

9. PARADISE News (good and bad)

10. Good news for good clipper programmers

11. BAD NEWS FLASH!!!!!

12. TPS/NT Server - Bad News