LOGO-L> Re: MswLogo Syntax Question - "I don't know how to return"
Author Message
 LOGO-L> Re: MswLogo Syntax Question - "I don't know how to return"

Quote:

>> if :level = 0 [forward :size] stop]
>> and it crashed.

You had mismatched []'s this is what I think you want.

Quote:
>if :level = 0 [forward :size] stop

Initially I thought Leslie had made a typo, but George shouldn't it be:-

if :level = 0 [fd :size stop]

if you want that invocation to stop only after you reach level 0

-- Bill Kerr

Sun, 12 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> Re: MswLogo Syntax Question - "I don't know how to return"

Quote:

> >> if :level = 0 [forward :size] stop]
> >> and it crashed.

> You had mismatched []'s this is what I think you want.

> >if :level = 0 [forward :size] stop

> Initially I thought Leslie had made a typo, but George shouldn't it be:-

> if :level = 0 [fd :size stop]

> if you want that invocation to stop only after you reach level 0

Not according to the original code he was trying to port to logo which
you left out. which was something like.

IF SOMETHING
DO SOMETHING
RETURN

Now if he had said something like.

IF SOMETHING
DO SOMETHING
RETURN
ENDIF

I'd say yes your right.

Quote:
> -- Bill Kerr

http://www.softronix.com/

Mon, 13 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> Re: MswLogo Syntax Question - "I don't know how to return"

Quote:

Thanks to all who replied to my post! I've been helped, it WAS a syntax
mistake!

if :level = 0 [foward :size] stop]

should have been...

if :level = 0[foward :size stop]
which works,
now, on to more serious problems,
thanks again,
- Leslie Everett

Wed, 15 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. MswLogo Syntax Question - "I don't know how to return"

2. LOGO-L> PC-LOGO syntax in MSWLogo

3. LOGO-L> Ehrenfest's Experiment - MSWLogo

4. LOGO-L> MSWLogo's SETSCRUNCH

5. LOGO-L> Re: MSWLogo's SETSCRUNCH

6. LOGO-L> Re: MSWLogo questions

7. LOGO-L> Re: mswlogo questions/suggestions

8. LOGO-L> Re: MSWLogo Questions

9. LOGO-L> MSWLogo Questions

10. LOGO-L> questions about MSWLogo

11. LOGO-L> MSWLogo question

12. couldn't execute "ls": argument list too long