LOGO-L> Simple Math examples for MSWLogo
Author Message
 LOGO-L> Simple Math examples for MSWLogo

I am looking for some simple math examples I can show to my seventh grade
students.  We downloaded and installed MSWLogo but are unable to do simple
math.  Is there any site that shows the proper syntax for some simple
operations.

We tried

edit "add
to add :a :b
:c = :a + :b
pr :c

But alas, this is not correct.
Thanks
tob

Fri, 02 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> Simple Math examples for MSWLogo
And here is another way

to add :a :b
op sum :a :b      ; or op :a + :b
end

then pr add 2 3 or show add 2 3

But perhaps you should consider using SUM, DIFFERENCE, PRODUCT, QUOTIENT,
REMAINDER, etc directly rather than ADD, SUBTRACT, TIMES, DIVIDE, etc

Quote:
>It seems a BASIC sintax
>LOGO need  some differences in sintax e.g.:

>to add :a :b
>make "c :a+:b
>pr :c
>end

>it's
>MAKE [space] name [space] value
>a name need comma before
>a value may be a number, an expression...

>Carlo

>>I am looking for some simple math examples I can show to my seventh grade
>>students.  We downloaded and installed MSWLogo but are unable to do simple
>>math.  Is there any site that shows the proper syntax for some simple
>>operations.

>>We tried

>>edit "add
>>to add :a :b
>>:c = :a + :b
>>pr :c

>>But alas, this is not correct.
>>Thanks
>>tob

Fri, 02 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L> Simpler MIDI Example for MSWLogo

2. LOGO-L> Re: LOGO-L> Simple Math examples for MSWLogo

3. LOGO-L> MSWLogo visual example

4. LOGO-L> PC-LOGO syntax in MSWLogo

5. Simple Example CD player in MswLogo 2.4

6. Q: simple example of read file->convert char(s)->write file needed

7. LOGO-L> Re: MSWLogo

8. LOGO-L> MSWlogo for D. Barnett

9. LOGO-L> Web page + MSWLogo GUI Builder

10. LOGO-L> Bola magica (MSWLogo)

11. LOGO-L> oscillatory table with mswlogo bits

12. LOGO-L> Re: MSWlogo