LOGO-L> off-topic: math education joke
Author Message
 LOGO-L> off-topic: math education joke

All this discussion about MATH EXPERIMENT PROVOKES
PARENTAL REBELLION reminded me of this joke.

While at a restaurant two professors argued about the
state of math education.  One professor left the table
as the waitress came by.  The other professor told the
waitress, when my friend returns I will ask you a
question and I want you to reply "one third X cubed".

When the other professor returned, his friend waged
that even the waitress could solve a calculus problem.
He asked the waitress, "What is the integral of X squared?"
She looked pensive and finally replied as instructed.
As the professor was collecting his bet the waitress
muttered to herself, "plus a constant."

Tue, 22 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L>omeSchooling (this is off topic)

2. Q: Grumpfish logo (off-topic)

3. LOGO-L> Off-computer -- on to Logo

4. Kinda off topic --> PC Shipping software

5. LOGO-L> Some Contradictions of Education Reform

6. LOGO-L> responsible for own education

7. LOGO-L>Re: Cool math curriculae being developed

8. LOGO-L> math applications

9. LOGO-L> Math trivia

10. LOGO-L> DIST and Math

11. LOGO-L> Re: DIST and Math