Exe version of a VI that calls a DLL does not seem to call DLL but works correctly in VI version.
Author Message
 Exe version of a VI that calls a DLL does not seem to call DLL but works correctly in VI version.

I have a VI that calls a Win32 DLL that works fine in labview 6.1.
But when I try to run the EXE version of the VI on another machine
with LabVIEW 6.1 Run Time Engine installed, the EXE runs to completion
immediately and the DLL does not seem to be called.  Has anyone
experienced the same problem?

Sat, 25 Jun 2005 02:22:49 GMT
 Exe version of a VI that calls a DLL does not seem to call DLL but works correctly in VI version.
I have not seen this problem. When you transfer the executable to the
other machine, is it the same operating system? What DLL are you
trying to call? What function? Have you tried showing the error
cluster on your executable to see shat error is happening? This would
be the first step.

Randy Hoskin
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask

Sun, 26 Jun 2005 00:22:59 GMT
 Exe version of a VI that calls a DLL does not seem to call DLL but works correctly in VI version.
I have figured it out.  Thanks.

Mon, 27 Jun 2005 04:06:42 GMT

1. Need help completing API calls getting EXE/DLL Versions

2. Multitasking not working while calling DLL

3. The ramp output vi seems not to be ramping(correct attachment)

4. Clarion MDI dlls called from VB - well done clarion

5. labview 6.0 building application does not work and looking for Compile DLL stub.vi

6. How to setup a procedure in a DLL that calls a procedure in another DLL

7. Howto call a vi by activeX or DLL from Excel

8. LabVIEW 6.0.2 crashes when buildin vi that calls DLLs

9. Slow termination of application created by VB after calling LabVIEW vi on DLL

10. Help on Net Express COBOL dll and calling the DLL from VB program

11. Intel complier for calling DLL and build Dll

12. Mixed Language - DVF 6.0 DLL calling Delphi4 DLL