How do I run a labview executable from C++
Author Message
 How do I run a labview executable from C++

I have an application written in C++ that runs some VIs in the labview
Development Environment. I'm using Labview 6.02 and VisualC++ and the
runtime engine is installed. What I want to do is not use the LDE and
just call the LV executable from C++. I found some documentation but
what I tried is not working for me. What I am looking for is a good
example of C++ code that runs a LV executable.
The help would be appreciated.

Wed, 08 Sep 2004 01:01:18 GMT
 How do I run a labview executable from C++

Quote:
> I have an application written in C++ that runs some VIs in the Labview
> Development Environment. I'm using Labview 6.02 and VisualC++ and the
> runtime engine is installed. What I want to do is not use the LDE and
> just call the LV executable from C++. I found some documentation but
> what I tried is not working for me. What I am looking for is a good
> example of C++ code that runs a LV executable.
> The help would be appreciated.

One possibility is to think of the LV executable the same as an
executable built with any other development tool.  Invoke it using the
command function that launches via the command line or a fork command.

Another possibility is to make a DLL instead of an EXE.

Finally, you have the option of using the VI Server through activeX.
This will work better if you have only one of the executables or the LV
editing environment on a particular PC.

Greg McKaskle

Wed, 08 Sep 2004 12:02:43 GMT

1. Contolling a labview executable from another labview executable

2. Error When Running LabVIEW Executable - drawmgr.cpp, line 2931

3. Labview Executable with VISA functions in Run Time Engine

4. Accessing executable while running LabVIEW

5. Labview 6.1 problems with VISA when running application executable

6. I want LabVIEW run-time installer to run by default

7. Labview PDA, What component does my Windows CE OS needs to run labview PDA

8. How can I call a LabVIEW executable from within another LabVIEW executable?

9. anyone done capture with 5112 then write same out to 5411 directly in Labview 6i

10. Doing continuos integration using Labview

11. USB with LabView - Easily Done

12. USB with LabView - Easily Done