to play a wave file with system sound
Author Message
 to play a wave file with system sound

I have to play a sound everytime an alarm occurs, but the PC doesnt
have either a sound card or speakers. The "beep.vi" works on the PC
but the sound it creates is too short and week. I want a longer and
stronger sound that gives an alarm warning sound.

Is there anyway I can do this?

Sun, 21 Nov 2004 13:48:14 GMT
 to play a wave file with system sound
Hi,

try to put it into for loop. Look how much cycles you want.

Sun, 21 Nov 2004 15:14:54 GMT
 to play a wave file with system sound
Hi,
I tried that, but that is not what I am looking for. I want it to give
any typical sound but not a series of beeps. If there is no way of
doing that then I will stick to the series of beeps

Thanks anyways

Sun, 21 Nov 2004 17:08:42 GMT
 to play a wave file with system sound
Beep.VI sends a command to make the default beep in Windows.  I have a
built in sound card, but I imagine changing the windows setting will
work.  Goto the control panel >> sounds and multimedia and change
default beep to any file of your choice.

Jeremy Braden
National Instruments

Mon, 22 Nov 2004 02:34:55 GMT
 to play a wave file with system sound
I built a beep-function in the past (using port in/out vi's), so it
will probably not work on the more recent Windows O.S.'s. It was used
on a PC-based depth-meter.
As I remember you can start a beep by calling the vi and another call
makes it stop.
If your interested I can look up the code.

Patrick de Boevere

Tue, 23 Nov 2004 02:49:50 GMT
 to play a wave file with system sound
Thank you Patrick, but I have sorted out my problem to some extent.

Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:34:32 GMT

1. Sound Blaster Wave playing?

2. Playing Wave Files

3. Playing wave files