Why does my application give an application error?
Author Message
 Why does my application give an application error?

I've Built an application which interfaces with a ISA or PCI card. The
application runs on the PC on which it was built but gives a
Application error (Exception in LVRT.dll) when it trys to access the
cards on another PC. (I've installed LVRT) IF i run labview over the
network I can make the VI run so it not a hardware problem. Any
Helpful hints

Tue, 06 Apr 2004 23:08:48 GMT
 Why does my application give an application error?
Don't know about the drivers (dll's ?) that you are using to
communicate with your ISA or PCI card so I can only make a couple of
suggestions:

1.  Be sure the lvrt.dll version is the same on all machines.  In
Windows Explorer, you can right mouse click on the file and select
Properties to view version info.

2.  Make sure the ISA or PCI driver is in the search path.  I would
also check to make sure the versions
of the drivers on the development machine are the same on the target
machine.

3.  Creat an INI file for your EXE. The following webpage contains an
example that will make the INI file for you:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/explprog.nsf/6c163603265406328625682a006ed...

Sat, 10 Apr 2004 06:38:26 GMT
 Why does my application give an application error?
Thanks Archimedes, I discovered that it was the Global variable I was
using for the base address of the cards. I used a sub vi to change it
and then for some reason any other vi using that global variable
crashed. I've now put it in a CFG file and the program runs ok. Any
points on why I can't just change the Global variable, instaed of
havingto write it to disk in a cfg file?

Sat, 10 Apr 2004 20:19:38 GMT

1. Help: Standalone application does not run (Error #-10007), but development application does

2. how doe an application remember user names

3. Giving focus to another application

4. Error BLX 1313 Exception Error in Clip 5.2e application

5. EXPECT EXCEPTION ERROR - slavedrv.exe Application error

6. Q: How do I start an application from within a realbasic application

7. Internet application template vs. Web application template

8. Clarion Application Profile Exchange - Advertise your Clarion Created Application

9. Conversion of a Smalltalk application to a java application

10. Application installer uninstalls the application.

11. I want to convert a LabView Application to a Visual Basic Application

12. Is it possible to fire Application Builder from an other application