how to create an excel workbook using the excel toolkit
Author Message
 how to create an excel workbook using the excel toolkit

I've starte working with the excel toolkit combined with the GOOP
toolkit. After finding out that the GOOP Toolkit apparently has
problems working with labview 5, with which I developed my
application, I changed to LabView 6. My first step was to open an
existing excel workbook. Here I was successful. On the other hand I
could not create a workbook using the excel open vi. Did I miss
something?

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 17:04:02 GMT
 how to create an excel workbook using the excel toolkit

Quote:
> I've starte working with the excel toolkit combined with the GOOP
> toolkit. After finding out that the GOOP Toolkit apparently has
> problems working with LabView 5, with which I developed my
> application, I changed to LabView 6. My first step was to open an
> existing excel workbook. Here I was successful. On the other hand I
> could not create a workbook using the excel open vi. Did I miss
> something?

There's an input to the excel open that chooses "open workbook from file" or
"open new workbook" which should do it.  Unless you meant 'worksheet' in
which case there is another function in the tookit to do that.

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 22:06:16 GMT
 how to create an excel workbook using the excel toolkit
Goyo,
To open a new Excel Report (Excel Workbook), use New Report.vi, and
specify the report type to be Excel.
To create a new Excel Worksheet, within an existing workbook, use
Excel Add Worksheet.vi.

Zvezdana S.
National Instruments

Mon, 03 Jan 2005 01:36:54 GMT

1. Excel toolkit --excel save.vi is broken arrow

2. using two excel workbooks at a time

3. Q: Using Python to Convert an Excel Workbook?

4. Using Win32OLE with Excel leaves Excel process hanging

5. Open Excel workbook and worksheet once and continously save data on the same worksheet

6. Error when trying to save changes to excel workbook in LabVIEW 5.1

7. TCOM: Using tcom to create a Hyperlink in Excel

8. realbasic to excel/realbasic vers excel

9. after opening an excel doc with actve X, crashes when calling excel again

10. Calling DVF dll from Excel: Excel macro problem?

11. Looking for Excel API library (XLCALL.LIB) for Excel 7

12. convert txt excel file without open the excel application