Export of data from LabView to PDF file format
Author Message
 Export of data from LabView to PDF file format

I would like to automatically export my analysed data to a PDF-file
just before exiting the labview program, so that the user can see the
data but not change anything, is this possible?

Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:55:45 GMT
 Export of data from LabView to PDF file format
Hi,

This won't be easy at all.

If it is possible, you'll need to have Adobe Writer installed, and use
ActiveX to interface with it. I cannot tell if this is possible for sure, I
don't have Adobe Writer.

Another (hard) way to do it to write XML data, convert it to .FO (formatting
objects) and use a JAVA tool to convert the .FO to .PDF.

Perhaps you can find a description of the raw pdf format, and build a .pdf
file yourself from LabVIEW. This will be a few month of work. (PDF is
postscript, plus some extras, I think.)

I'd consider reporting to HTML or Word.

There is a PDF plug-in for Word. Maybe you can build a Word document (with
NI's report toolkit), and use ActiveX to convert it to PDF...

Regards,

Wiebe.

Quote:
> I would like to automatically export my analysed data to a PDF-file
> just before exiting the Labview program, so that the user can see the
> data but not change anything, is this possible?

Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:22:57 GMT
 Export of data from LabView to PDF file format
As other's have pointed out, you will probably need to use Adobe
Acrobat for this task.  However, it is not difficult.  Acrobat
installs a "PDF Printer", which appears as a printer in your system,
but writes a PDF to file instead of sending the document to a real
printer.  You could use this feature to programmatically export to
PDF.

Another issue is that unless using the encryption features of Acrobat,
PDF documents can be changed.  This isn't likely because most people
don't have Acrobat.  They only have Acrobat Reader.

If you want people to only read you data files, then you should
probably create a VI that is a data viewer.  You can distribute this
as an EXE.  Give your data files a custom file extension so that
people don't try to open them in a text editor.

Aside from encrypting the data in your files or saving it as some
obscure binary format, there is no way to really stop people from
editing data files, you can just do things to discourage them.

Good luck,

-Jim

Fri, 18 Feb 2005 23:33:24 GMT
 Export of data from LabView to PDF file format

Quote:

> I would like to automatically export my analysed data to a PDF-file
> just before exiting the Labview program, so that the user can see the
> data but not change anything, is this possible?

Can't you just File>>Print>>Print>> (Set printer default to:) Acrobat
PDFWriter Print?

Sat, 19 Feb 2005 03:10:28 GMT
 Export of data from LabView to PDF file format
Unfortunately it isn't as easy as printing to the installed acorbat
printer, but there is a guy who is currently working on a LabVIEW PDF
writer toolkit that will do everything you need - you can contact him

Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:45:38 GMT

1. Exporting tps data into PDF form

2. Export Data in ASCI format

3. Exporting data from clusters into a format Excel can read

4. export result from C4RW to a text file or db format

5. indexed file format and data files- for cobol compilers

6. Export data file row Browse in excel

7. exporting data from a TPS file ???

8. exporting to and importing data from another file ??

9. Data Export to delimited file

10. How do I Export data from .TPS Files ?

11. Including data file to be exported in DLL