Version 6 Waveform versus Version 5 2D array in the AI READ vi
Author Message
 Version 6 Waveform versus Version 5 2D array in the AI READ vi

I have tried to transfer a labview virtual instrument I developed in
version 5 to version 6 and have isolated the problem down to the Save
to Text subvi from Labview.  Are there any reported problems with this
vi?

Specifically I am collecting the data from 9 AI Read subvis from 9
different devices and using the build array function to build these
arrays into one array (it forces me to use Concatenate).  Then I use
the transpose function to transpose the array and then send it to the
Save to Text subvi.  All the steps appear to work fine until it gets
to the Save to Text subvi.  The
following error message appears...

Possible reasons
Labview: Generic File I/O Error
or
NI 488 I/O operation failed

I am able to graph the data from the AI read function and in version 5
of Labview the virtual instrument works flawlessly.  Do you have any
tips?

Please advise,

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 02:51:24 GMT
 Version 6 Waveform versus Version 5 2D array in the AI READ vi
I would check out KB 1LKEC6G4.  It deals with one of the reasons you
can get an error 6 when doing File I/O operations.  It also involves
some behavior that was changed in 5.1 so that would explain why the
problem arose after the upgrade to 6.  If the KB doesn't help resolve
your problem, I would recommend posting a piece of code that
replicates the problem or creating an email service request so we can
discuss things further.  Here is the URL to the KB:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/862...

Matt Kisler
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:05:27 GMT
 Version 6 Waveform versus Version 5 2D array in the AI READ vi
Hi Matt,

I just read your comment.  Unfortunately the KB did not help, it
sounds like that person was having trouble even getting a file to
open.

I have done some further investigation and if I cycle power on the
6071 E boards in the chasis, I can get one successful run in.  If I
try a second time, then the error message comes up.  So, perhaps the
AI clear is not clearing the 6071 E boards correctly?

Please advise

Sat, 18 Sep 2004 21:49:35 GMT

1. Labview version, OS version from within a VI?

2. how to open a vi (made in version 6.1 labview) in version 6.0

3. how to open a vi (made in version 6.1 labview) in version 6.0

4. how to open a vi (made in version 6.1 labview) in version 6.0

5. how to use AI acquire waveform.vi for continuous acquisition

6. Problem with AI acquire waveforms.vi

7. creating a new 2D array with two 2D arrays

8. Trouble wiring a 1-d waveform to the Array To Spreadsheet String.vi

9. AO Waveform Gen VI does not generate continuous waveform

10. HELP: AI Buffer Read.vi triggrting

11. Add a priority for the EXAMPLE-VI: simul Ai read/Ao write

12. Error by AI Buffer Read.vi