Is it possible to call a LabVIEW VI by reference from a CIN?
Author Message
 Is it possible to call a LabVIEW VI by reference from a CIN?

I am calling by reference in my labview program and would like to do
the same from a CIN, if possible.

Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23:37:05 GMT
 Is it possible to call a LabVIEW VI by reference from a CIN?

Quote:
> I am calling by reference in my LabVIEW program and would like to do
> the same from a CIN, if possible.

It is not possible to directly call a VI by reference from a CIN.

There are a couple approaches that are similar that will work.  If you
have the professional version, you can build a DLL from VIs and can call
the DLL entrypoints from your CIN.

It is also possible to signal a LV occurrence from a CIN, and a LV
diagram could run a VI or perform an operation when the occurrence is
set.  You will not be able to pass parameters with the occurrence though.

Finally, the approach that will be easiest to debug is to change the CIN
so that it returns to the diagram more often.  Call the CIN and have it
return with an action.  The actions can be -- run a particular VI, delay
for x ms and call the CIN again, end the program, etc.

This last approach will be slightly less efficient at runtime, but in my
experience they are much more flexible and much easier to debug.

Greg McKaskle

Thu, 19 Aug 2004 00:14:08 GMT

1. Labview Crashes when I call a DLL from a CIN

2. Call Labview signal processing functions from CIN?

3. convert's labview 6.1 vi's to labview 5.1 vi's

4. I am not able to execute new.ccf in coboldpc when I call coboldpc through labview

5. I am looking for a VI that login and logout users to a main VI.

6. Calling Matlab from Labview returns a 1047 error - what am I doing wrong

7. using call by reference node to run a vi

8. Data lost in VI called by reference

9. Is there any way to show vi's called by reference in the hierarchy window

10. CALL BY REFERENCE VI

11. is it possible to convert VI's developed LabVIEW 3.0 (Unix) to LabVIEW 6i VI's Windows?

12. : LabView crash using Call Library Function vi