PC DIO 24 : How can I write to different lines of the same port without reset
Author Message
 PC DIO 24 : How can I write to different lines of the same port without reset

Using the write digital line.vi I can set individual lines of a port.
Is there a way of getting the lines to latch so they will not reset
when another line is modified.

Thanks
Oliver

Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:33:00 GMT
 PC DIO 24 : How can I write to different lines of the same port without reset
Hi

The "problem" is the 8255 Chip which is on this board. Check this link
to understand how the behaviour of this chip is:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/3e2...
I recommend you to use the advanced DIO VI's (DIO port config, DIO
port write) instead of the easy VI's. There are examples in LV which
shows how to work with them (Examples for devices with 8255 CHip)!

Fri, 29 Oct 2004 19:25:51 GMT

1. DIO Port Read and Write..

2. Unrecoverable error 24: Write error -- Win 95 only

3. Get error 24 with MAC but not PC for player routines

4. ORDCREATE(0) Unrecoverable error 24: write error

5. Unrecoverable error 24: write error

6. Modtrac 24/16 PC ISA D/A card info needed

7. Help! Write error # 24

8. Clipper and Write Error 24

9. Formatted output - print, write without line feed

10. How to Have Write(,) Without New-Line

11. VVoice 24 line

12. Public Tcl/Tk and Expect training, Aug 20-24 and Sep 24-27