How can I launch a desktop shortcut's VI with the right version of LabVIEW
Author Message
 How can I launch a desktop shortcut's VI with the right version of LabVIEW

I have applications that using either LV6i or 6.1. How can I launch a
VI from desktop shortcut with the right LV version ?

Fri, 04 Nov 2005 22:58:56 GMT
 How can I launch a desktop shortcut's VI with the right version of LabVIEW
Hi KQD,

your labview installations are in different folders on you drive. LV
6i will install in "National Instruments\LabVIEW 6" and 6.1 in
"National Instruments\LabVIEW 6.1". In your shortcut you give the
command line "...\National Instruments\LabVIEW 6\labview.exe <your
VI>" resp. "...\National Instruments\LabVIEW 6.1\labview.exe <your
VI>". This way the correct version of LabVIEW will be loaded and then
your VI opened in LabVIEW.

Waldemar

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 03:17:17 GMT
 How can I launch a desktop shortcut's VI with the right version of LabVIEW
Hi HW,

I put "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 6\LabVIEW.exe
C:\PM Final\Check DVD.vi" in the the Target box and it gave me an
error "Target is not valid". What did I do wrong ?

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 03:56:47 GMT
 How can I launch a desktop shortcut's VI with the right version of LabVIEW
You need to put quotes around paths with spaces.  If the exe path and
the VI path both have spaces, you need to enclose them in separate
quotes.
"C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 6\LabVIEW.exe" "C:\PM
Final\Check DVD.vi"

Include all quotes in your target.

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 04:15:26 GMT
 How can I launch a desktop shortcut's VI with the right version of LabVIEW
It works. Thank you very much, HW.

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 19:20:29 GMT

1. convert's labview 6.1 vi's to labview 5.1 vi's

2. hen I launch my LabVIEW VI, I get following messages: Please find the VI

3. Opening Vi's in Labview version 4.0.2 with 5.1

4. How to launch a script from the Window's desktop

5. Labview version, OS version from within a VI?

6. how to open a vi (made in version 6.1 labview) in version 6.0

7. how to open a vi (made in version 6.1 labview) in version 6.0

8. how to open a vi (made in version 6.1 labview) in version 6.0

9. Admin rights required to run vi's?

11. Creating a desktop shortcut

12. Create ShortCut on Desktop