Why the time and date is not correct when I save a waveform in txt format, using Labview 6.1?
Author Message
 Why the time and date is not correct when I save a waveform in txt format, using Labview 6.1?

I am using labview 6.1 and my operation system is Windows 98. The
date/time properties is configured in the Windows (time and date in
the control panel is correct). I generated a waveform using Basic
Function Generator.vi and saved this using the Export Waveforms to
Spreadsheet File.vi. When I opened this file the date and time was
wrong. Only the delta t was correct  and it did not show the date
neither the time, only a float number. How can I adjust the correct
time?

Mon, 14 Mar 2005 05:26:39 GMT
 Why the time and date is not correct when I save a waveform in txt format, using Labview 6.1?
Actually, the date/time is correct, it is expressed as seconds since
January 01, 1904.

In order to print the string version of the date/time from your file,
you will need to write a utility that converts the date/time to a
string or series of strings in whatever format you wish.  This can be
done by reading the first line (I assume that is the line with the
time on it), formatting the date/time into a string, and writing over
this information in the file.

The waveform VIs were meant to be used internally to read and write
waveform data.  Any use beyond that should require you to add
formatting and other information/data as necessary.

Mon, 14 Mar 2005 05:37:18 GMT
 Why the time and date is not correct when I save a waveform in txt format, using Labview 6.1?
It's actually easy to add actual time to waveforms and record that
information in a file. The example called Create Waveform example.vi
connects the output of Get Date/Time in Seconds to the t0 input of the
Build Waveform function. This time then gets displayed on the waveform
and if Export Waveforms to Spreadsheet File.vi were to be added to the
above example, the text file created would have the date/time string
in it.

Mon, 14 Mar 2005 06:00:55 GMT
 Why the time and date is not correct when I save a waveform in txt format, using Labview 6.1?
Thanks Dennis, I thought I remembered seeing this, but couldn't recall
where.  When I looked at the waveform VIs, I saw nothing to format
date/time.

-Mike

Mon, 14 Mar 2005 07:29:49 GMT

1. Create Time / date or Modified Time / date of a txt file

2. Invalid dates - 215 using Btrieve/Clipper DATE format

3. system date and time of retrieved data from file in waveform graph

4. date not correct anymore since include

5. Output format not correct

6. convert labview date/time to excel date/time

7. I am using activex and everytime I save my vi it doubles in size

8. DOS compressed date/time into real date/time

9. AO Waveform Gen VI does not generate continuous waveform

10. Why I am not enthusiatic about OO COBOL

11. Anybody know why I am timing out

12. Why I am not reaching callbacks ?