Labview Executable with VISA functions in Run Time Engine
Author Message
 Labview Executable with VISA functions in Run Time Engine

Hi Everybody

I designed a gui to communicate using VISA GPIB. I created an
executable for the gui. I also installed labview Run Time Engine on
the desired machine. I recieved couple of errors, for which I copied
the files visa32.dll, NIVISV32.dll and serpdrv to the folder with the
executable.

I recieved the following error, ' Initialization of NIVISV32.dll
failed. The process interminating abnormally.'

Are there any drivers I should install in addition to the Run Time
Engine? If so, where can I find these drivers?

Thank you
Jackie

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:36:35 GMT
 Labview Executable with VISA functions in Run Time Engine
I think you must install NI-VISA, which you can find in NI web site,
or (i'm not sure about this) in the LabVIEW CD.
Hope this helps

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:27:26 GMT
 Labview Executable with VISA functions in Run Time Engine
Larrea

Thank you

I installed NI-VISA just like you suggested. So all I have on the
computer are LabView Run Time Engine, NI-VISA driver and IEEE 488
driver.

Now, Labview crashes everytime I try to run the executable

Jackie

Tue, 16 Dec 2003 00:51:41 GMT
 Labview Executable with VISA functions in Run Time Engine
Have you installed the same NI-VISA version you are using in your
development installation? If so, try reinstalling NI-VISA and LV
runtime engine, also try without IEEE 488.
Good luck

Tue, 16 Dec 2003 13:10:23 GMT
 Labview Executable with VISA functions in Run Time Engine
I installed NI-VISA with similar version as my development
installation, and LV runtime engine. Labview still crashed.

I noticed certain library functions in full labview that is not
present in the NI-VISA + LV run time directory, such as _visa.llb etc.
Do I need to copy these additional library functions too? Will Run
Time Engine read these library functions?

Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:36:12 GMT

1. VISA in LabView Run Time Engine

2. Labview 6.1 problems with VISA when running application executable

3. LabVIEW executable using VISA functions

4. LabVIEW executable using VISA functions

5. Can't Uninstall Labview Run-Time engine 6.0

6. LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 6.0 Error 1606

7. Systematic errors for Labview Run-time Engine (lvrt.dll)

8. uninstalling LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 6.1

9. I need to install LabVIEW Run-Time Engine

10. LabVIEW Run-Time Engine

11. Print Panel.vi works with the full LabView version but not with Run Time Engine

12. LabVIEW Run-Time Engine