Seeking advice!
Author Message
 Seeking advice!

Hello all,

I am now using a very old AT-GPIB card in the Win95 operating system. I have
installed the AT-GPIB card successfully and do the ibdiag and ibtest
successfully. The problem now I am meeting is that I can communicate with
the devices(HP RF 70205a and 70900A)  under IBIC. It can find the listeners
and can execute the ibwrt and ibrd, but when I use
labview\examples\instr\simplgpib Labview<-> GPIB to test the communication,
errors occurred. It can execute write but can not read the information of
the  instruments.  Is this caused by the conflict of the Labview4.01 with
the old AT-GPIB card or its supporting software ?

Does anyone in this group have experiences in solving such kind of problem?
Any of your advises will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jenny

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Seeking advice!

Quote:
> Does anyone in this group have experiences in solving such kind of
problem?
> Any of your advises will be highly appreciated.

I've periodically found that the default way to signify the end of a
transmission in the low level GPIB sub-vis seems to change between the GPIB
"end of transmission" line, and various combinations of CR and LF at the end
of the string. Different instruments also may respond in different ways to
different combinations of these. A fuzzy description, I know, but it's been
a while since I last had a problem of this nature.

The fact you can execute the write but you get a failure on read leads me to
think you may have a similar problem- since the write isn't actually being
terminated correctly, you're trying to do a read while various elements
still think a write is in progress, and it fails.

Options to try are to explicitly put a CR or LF on the end of the string
you're transmitting- or both- and try the transfer with and without pulling
the GPIB line, and see if things start to work.

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. seek advice on mac vs 486 for apl

2. Seeking advice...

3. Student seeks advice from FORTH community

4. Newbie seeks advice

5. Beginner seeks advice

6. Seeking Advice on PL/I Options

7. seek advice on mac vs 486 for scheme

8. Seeking advice on first scheme program

9. Simple persistent object storage: seeking advice on storing user defined, runtime defined abstract datatypes into Oracle

10. Seeking advice

11. Seeking Advice on Mixed Signal Foundries

12. Seek advice - "Ada for Smart People"