Color & fonts (labview 6.1)
Author Message
 Color & fonts (labview 6.1)

I want to create a good front pannel using different colors and fonts
in different sections of the pannel. How can I do that?

Mon, 19 Sep 2005 07:56:40 GMT
 Color & fonts (labview 6.1)

Quote:
> I want to create a good front pannel using different colors and fonts
> in different sections of the pannel. How can I do that?

Usually I don't like lots of colors and fonts, mainly because most
programmers have little graphic design skill. If you still feel adventurous,
try this:

- Make some text. This can be in a text box, using the text tool, or
creating a label.
- Select that text
- Choose the font dialog, shortcut ctrl-0 (zero). It's in the toolbar.
- Select the color, size, font, etc.

-joey

Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:34:50 GMT
 Color & fonts (labview 6.1)
A good source is a presentation that Rob Dye (I think) has presented
at a couple NI Weeks. It is about how to design interfaces to they ar
pleasing to look and are easy to use. There was also some interesting
background information, like 20% of all males have some measureable
level of color blindness...

In any case, the presentation should be available on NI's website
somewhere.

Mike...

Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:33:17 GMT
 Color & fonts (labview 6.1)

Quote:
> A good source is a presentation that Rob Dye (I think) has presented
> at a couple NI Weeks. It is about how to design interfaces to they ar
> pleasing to look and are easy to use. There was also some interesting
> background information, like 20% of all males have some measureable
> level of color blindness...

You'll be a bit more successful searaching for either Christina Rogers
or Greg McKaskle, and I'm pretty sure the percentage is 12%.  The
presentation has several times been called The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

This year something similar will be held called VI Talk.  We'd like to
analyze and fix-up real VIs, but we of course need some guinea pig VIs
in order to do this.  If you have some troublesome VIs, consider

Greg McKaskle

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:11:27 GMT
 Color & fonts (labview 6.1)
Exactly the one I was thinking of. Thanks Greg...

Mike...

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:45:31 GMT
 Color & fonts (labview 6.1)
where can I search for these two people?

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:37:40 GMT
 Color & fonts (labview 6.1)
i think this is what you're looking for

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/learningcenter.nsf/03f7c60f17aad210862567a...

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:56:01 GMT

1. indicator color in executable not same as in LabVIEW 6.1 VI

2. Convert from LabView 6.1 to LabView 6.0

3. Labview runtime libraries (Labview 6.1)

4. It is possible to downgrade labview version 6.1 to labview version 5.1.1

5. convert's labview 6.1 vi's to labview 5.1 vi's

6. How to I create labview 6.0 compatible VIs with Labview 6.1

7. Problems with IMAQ Vision after upgrading from Labview 6i to Labview 6.1

8. Color printing in CVF 6.0/6.1

9. IDLE - change the font size & background color

10. System date time format with LabVIEW 6.1

11. Labview 6.1 stops for a while when selecting square with a mouse

12. LabView 6.1 Freezes : VISA and GPIB