i am reading from a file, which is being written to by...
Author Message
 i am reading from a file, which is being written to by...

i am reading from a file, which is being written to by another
program, so this file is continually growing.

I am using the read from spreadsheet file vi, and then display it on a
table, however, i'm reading all the time, so this process istaking up
alot of time, furthermore, i think that the file becomes so large that
it swamps the memory.
I'm doing this for 6 different files in the 1 program.
Please advise?
Thanks?

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 16:10:42 GMT
 i am reading from a file, which is being written to by...
I read through your other comment and need to know this. Is this table
that you refer to displayed in labview, perhaps as an array?

If so, add you do after you read the 10 characters, you insert them
after the last element of your array. This way, you'll have your old
and new data.

The point that I am trying to convey is that you don't want to be
reading the entire file all at once but rather read from where you
last read.

If your table is displayed somewhere else, then you'll need to
elaborate on it more so I can help you out...

Hope that helps.

Shan Pin Koh

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 21:58:00 GMT

1. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

2. I am wishing to read quickbooks data files with C5.5

3. I am looking for a CPU, preferably written in Verilog

4. I am trying to write multiple lines high

5. I am looking for people proficient in writing in Labview secret clearance and RF background

6. I am writing a operating system

7. I am having trouble reading a time stamp on a video using OCR

8. I am not able to read a barcode from a image

9. Is read hanging or am I confused?

10. What runtime file am I missing?

11. how to compile and a set of .prg file I am getting this warning

12. Problem with file I/O on solaris .I am a newbie to fortran