I having trouble using a serial i/o port with LabVIEW
Author Message
 I having trouble using a serial i/o port with LabVIEW

I keep getting error code 1: Function Error!  The serial modules work
some of the time and not others.  Usually the loop with the modules
can run from 1-5 times  before it gives the error message, but after
the message is given, labview must be completly exited from before you
can try to run the program again.

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 00:13:42 GMT
 I having trouble using a serial i/o port with LabVIEW

Quote:

>I keep getting error code 1: Function Error!  The serial modules work
>some of the time and not others.  Usually the loop with the modules
>can run from 1-5 times  before it gives the error message, but after
>the message is given, LabVIEW must be completly exited from before you
>can try to run the program again.

How many characters are you sending out at a time?
You may need to send them one character at a time with some time delay
between characters.

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 07:40:36 GMT
 I having trouble using a serial i/o port with LabVIEW
You could also try running one of the serial example VIs that ships
with LabVIEW.  Place a loop in it to run similar to yours and then see
if it quits.  If so, then the problem is probably not with your code
but with the hardware itself.  This always helps me to find the source
of the problem.  Also, try running a <a href =
"http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/D48BA43C59B6027786256...">loopback
test</a> if you think you might have hardware problems.

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:17:54 GMT

1. Trouble with using HP34401a.lib to control HP34401a multimeter through serial port

2. Trouble with using HP34401a.lib to control HP34401a multimeter through serial port

3. trouble with serial communication (serial port init.vi)

4. Using serial Ports in LabVIEW

5. Having trouble with basic serial commands???

6. Using Serial Port to send mouse actions to remote computers mouse port

7. Bot-kit - having trouble using light sensors

8. I am having trouble reading a time stamp on a video using OCR

9. Having trouble using [clock scan] on Sat Jan 1 2005

10. Help: Having trouble using tcl library commands.

11. Labview though windows 98 and ISA port: Speed trouble

12. Problems with Labview 6i and serial port/visa