Using an array with a library function
Author Message
 Using an array with a library function

I have a library function that I would like to use on the data in an
array.  My problem is that the function(which I am using as a subVI)
will not accept an array as the input data.  So I need to pass each
element of the array through the function, and rebuild the array so it
is in the same configuration that it started at.  I am hoping that
there is a easy way to do this in labveiw without having to use a
formula node.  Any help would be appreciated.

Amy

Mon, 17 May 2004 03:16:57 GMT
 Using an array with a library function
The simplest way to do this is to put the function inside of a for
loop. A for loop auto indexes an array so you just have to wire the
array through the for loop and into the function. Anything wired out
of a for loop is automatically made into an array.

Mon, 17 May 2004 03:38:19 GMT
 Using an array with a library function
Your problem is because its a 2D array.  When you index it you get a
1D array.  Put another for loop around your subvi to index the 1D
array and you should be all set.

Brian

Tue, 18 May 2004 00:17:54 GMT
 Using an array with a library function
Thanks, I understand now.
Amy

Wed, 19 May 2004 00:31:41 GMT

1. Call Library Function - Function not found in library

2. : LabView crash using Call Library Function vi

3. Using the call library function

4. convert 2d array to 1d array without using shift registers and build array

5. GAWK: Question on using filefuncs.so (creating arrays in extension functions)

6. How do you pass an array of characters using the DLL functions

7. creating a square wave using an array function

8. array function uses stack allocation?

9. question about using array intrinsic functions

10. Passing an array to a C function (using SWIG)

11. using a c function to set the array values of a python instance

12. FORTRAN dynamic arrays used as parameters of functions called from C++