Labview 6i compatibility with Labview 5.x programs
Author Message
 Labview 6i compatibility with Labview 5.x programs

I am attemping to run the labview cable TV analyzer example program
called hp859xx found at:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

However, this program was written for LabView 5.x and I am running the
evaluation version of LabView 6i and I get many warnings that say the
following:

Uses data range coercion, which now only applies to data entry; values
will not be coerced when passed to subVIs.  To coerce passed values,
use the In Range and Coerce function.

Is there an updated program compatible with LabView 6i?  Otherwise,
how do I fix these warnings in this program?

Thanks.

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 04:30:53 GMT
 Labview 6i compatibility with Labview 5.x programs
I've had that warning before when updating to 6i.  It refers the
coerce value if out of range function of numeric controls.  In 6i the
value will only be coerced if enter into the control manually, not if
the data is passed to it as a sub-vi.  In this case the data must be
verified/coerced using the "In Range and Coerce" function found in
Functions>>Comparision.

I've always ignored it and have not had any problems.

Try ignoring the warnings and run the vi...

Brian

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 04:51:21 GMT
 Labview 6i compatibility with Labview 5.x programs
To remove these warnings, save the VI as LabVIEW 6. You shouldn't see
them again the next time you call them from LabVIEW 6.

Shan Pin Koh

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 05:37:51 GMT
 Labview 6i compatibility with Labview 5.x programs
You're right, if you ignore it you won't have problems.  However, I
just found out that if you save the file in LabVIEW 6i, the warnings
will disappear.

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 22:53:28 GMT

1. Labview 6i compatibility with Windows XP

2. LabView 5.1 <--> LabView 6i

3. Problems with IMAQ Vision after upgrading from Labview 6i to Labview 6.1

4. PC locking up when running programs created in Labview 6i

5. Edge detector in Labview (6i)

6. Problem with LabView 6i

7. Problems with Labview 6i and serial port/visa

8. MSI problem when trying to install LabView 6i

9. anyone done capture with 5112 then write same out to 5411 directly in Labview 6i

10. how to use Labview 6i and Simulink model ????

11. labview 6i app.builder?

12. need Labview 6i version of NI Lock-In Amplifier Start-Up Kit