How to reset counters after daq is done without closing Labview
Author Message
 How to reset counters after daq is done without closing Labview

HI,
I have to use a computer boards card and their universal library with
labview 6.1 for data acquisition.
Basically a d/a pulser while collecting a/d data.
The daq block is a question mark since installing the universal library,
hence there is no reset block which I hear would normally take care of this.
Both d/a and a/d run in background, using AinScBg, GetStatus, StopBg for
a/d, and then AOutScBg, GetStatus, and StopBg for the d/a.
The acq is timed to stop at 30seconds.
After saving, the current count is at the last number, and the pulses keep
going.
Anyone know how I am supposed to reset this? Limited info from
computerboards.
Thanks,
Steve

Tue, 16 Nov 2004 01:33:34 GMT
 How to reset counters after daq is done without closing Labview
Hi Steve,
I hope I understood your question right. I guess your counter is shown
on your frontpanel. If so you can insert a condition in your diagramm.
if "saving"= true then "value" must be set to zero (using create a
constant). The "value" of the frontpanel-element can be set to zero by
selecting >create >property-node> value.
(then right mouseclick> create constant)

Kathrine

Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:36:34 GMT
 How to reset counters after daq is done without closing Labview
Thanks Kathrine,
I'll try that.
I still don't know how to get the background pulses to reset though, I'm
using the StopBg block like they say to..
Getting out of labview at least starts the pulses at the same point for the
next data, so the data lines up. Maybe I have to do similar here as well
somehow.

Steve

Quote:
> Hi Steve,
> I hope I understood your question right. I guess your counter is shown
> on your frontpanel. If so you can insert a condition in your diagramm.
> if "saving"= true then "value" must be set to zero (using create a
> constant). The "value" of the frontpanel-element can be set to zero by
> selecting >create >property-node> value.
> (then right mouseclick> create constant)

> Kathrine

Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:51:05 GMT

1. Close LabView App after exit without Quiting Labview !

2. Calling Matlab from Labview returns a 1047 error - what am I doing wrong

3. labview NI DAQ application with no daq hardware

4. How to reset page counter in Report

5. counter reset

6. I am having a problem configuring my DAQ to generate continous waveforms

7. Detect if socket closed/reset

8. PC DIO 24 : How can I write to different lines of the same port without reset

9. logic for asynchronous mono-flop without reset

10. asynchronous monoflop-logic without reset

11. CLS in DOS without resetting the standard DOS font

12. What am I doing wrong!