"sub vi calling main vi"
Author Message
 "sub vi calling main vi"

I have a main menu calling several submenus using button functions.
When i enter the submenu it should close main menu. Then how do i come
back to the main menu after closing the submenu?

Sat, 20 Aug 2005 15:21:00 GMT
 "sub vi calling main vi"
I have a main menu calling several submenus using button functions.
When i enter the submenu it should close main menu. Then how do i come
back to the main menu after closing the submenu?

Sat, 20 Aug 2005 15:25:18 GMT
 "sub vi calling main vi"
I the subject you are talking about VIs in the text about menus. From
the context I think you want a solution regarding VIs.

Is it right you have a VI and you call a subVI which opens its front
panel? At this time you want that the front panel of the callee will
be closed?

You need to do the following thing:
Get the title bar text of your VI which front panel you will hide with
a property node. Give this text to the subVI via connector pane. In
the subVI use the "hide window" VI to hide the front panel of the
callee. When you are leaving use "show window" VI to display it again.

These functions are part of the <a
href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/298...">LabVIEW
Windows utilities</a>.
Waldemar

Sat, 20 Aug 2005 15:53:04 GMT

1. How do I use server to control for sub-vi from a main vi

2. Sub VI to main VI

3. Data transfering from sub-vi to main-vi

4. Sub.vi shrinking Main.vi

5. i do not want to halt main vi while executing sub vi

6. Selecting diferent sub Vi's from main VI

7. How to stick the called vi on the same place of front panel of main VI

8. Calling a VI into a main VI

9. how to close a sub-vi when running the main

10. buffer to hold integer value w/sub main vi

11. Using control reference with a Sub-vi over a TCP VI Server connection

12. Using control reference with a Sub-vi over a TCP VI Server connection