I have 100 data files, I want to join them together as one data file
Author Message
 I have 100 data files, I want to join them together as one data file

I need to join approx. 100 data files into one data file, and be able
to read back each data file from that one big file. I would also like
a feature to count how many files are in the main one file. The data
files contain graphs, text and numerics.

Fri, 24 Jun 2005 18:06:55 GMT
 I have 100 data files, I want to join them together as one data file
What you want to do is not going to be easy to implement.  The idea is
that files are just binary data and you can join the data into one
binary file.  The trick is going to be creating the appropriate header
for the binary file to include things like file location--the
beginning and end of a subfile--as well as the number of files.  The
exact structure of the header is really left up to you and your
imagination.

Why do you want to join all the files into one?  It sounds like what
you have works now and making one file increases the chances that all
of your data will be lost if the file becomes corrupted.  Also labview
is limited to files of about 2GBytes, so you will be more likely to
run into this limit.

Sat, 25 Jun 2005 10:17:21 GMT

1. writing about 100 colomns of real data into text file

2. Read VFP data files into Clipper data files

3. Unix Data files vs DOS data files

4. non-gridded ASCII data file to netCDF data file

5. chop-up large data files into smaller ones with heading

6. getting data from nonrelated one-record file in report

7. copy data from one file to another (in Code)

8. Two data files in one browse?

9. Ms SQL fileerror 22001=String data, right truncation when I fill data into file

10. Reading a data file from a very remote data

11. Using file data transparently as internal data?

12. I need help with reading multiple records off one data file