Copying one array value into subsequent array values
Author Message
 Copying one array value into subsequent array values

I am making an array of objects.  there will be a max of 32 objects,
and each object has 6 properties.  (so, a 32x6 array at most).

I want to allow the user to enter one object, and copy it's properties
to the next array object, but change 1 of the 6 properties (compare to
drawing a line, and only moving in the "X" direction).  the other 5
properties are the same (compare to no change in Y axis), so this
would save some time...

I want to use one of the properties as the 'trigger' (compare to
'drawing N points, using the properties of the first one), and test
for that and "fill" the next N-1 values with the same properties.
That way, I would get N identical objects, offset by a little bit each
time.  Like drawing points of a line.

But I want to save some time by copying the repetitive data (compare
to color or thickness) instead of entering it each time.

these N-1 objects would be exactly the same as the first object, but
displaced slightly...

Does this make sense?  If so, any ideas how to best do this?

I dont have any code to show, since I am just starting this and it is
trickier than I thought using labview...

Tue, 02 Dec 2003 03:43:31 GMT

1. copying vectors/arrays by value

2. Index Values of an Array inside a Cluster inside an Array

3. changing array values with the same array

4. Rise flag TRUE if at least one value in ARRAY is TRUE

5. delete one value from an array

6. java array return value not array in tcl

7. I have array of indices and array of values then i need to retrieve the values for the indices

8. Problem with arrays of arrays (matrices) copying

9. Can I copy an array with one instruction?

10. Sorting an array based on values

11. field value as array name?

12. Finding min values for array elements