Unable to Uninstall LabVIEW 6.0
Author Message
 Unable to Uninstall LabVIEW 6.0

I had labview 5.1 installed on my Windows 95 laptop.  I upgraded with
LabVIEW 6.0 but I was unable to un-install LabVIEW 6.0.  It generates
a message "Error 1322: A portion of the folder path" exceeds the
length allow by the system.
Please help.

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 04:33:47 GMT
 Unable to Uninstall LabVIEW 6.0
Hi - I've also had this problem - if you look at the developer exchange on
the NI website and search for 'install windows labview' you'll find the
answer (sorry can't remember the URL).

It seems to be a known problem - the fix consists of editing a registry
item. Unfortunately you may come across a further problem after this for
which the fix is a little more complicated -involving applying a patch.

Again sorry for not having the URL to hand.

Andy

Quote:
> I had LabVIEW 5.1 installed on my Windows 95 laptop.  I upgraded with
> LabVIEW 6.0 but I was unable to un-install LabVIEW 6.0.  It generates
> a message "Error 1322: A portion of the folder path" exceeds the
> length allow by the system.
> Please help.

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 05:11:03 GMT
 Unable to Uninstall LabVIEW 6.0
It worked!
Thank you so much for your help.

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 09:34:29 GMT
 Unable to Uninstall LabVIEW 6.0
What did you do?

I get the same error when I have uninstalled the evaluation version of
LV6.0 and installing LV6.0 pro. The specificly happens when installing
the NIDAQ drivers.

Thank you

Tim

Quote:

> It worked!
> Thank you so much for your help.

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 13:32:28 GMT
 Unable to Uninstall LabVIEW 6.0
I download two files killlv.bat and msizap from NI Developer Exchange.
First, I renamed msizap to msizap.exe.  Second, I modified the
killlv.bat to direct the call to correct path of msizap.exe, then
I ran the killlv.bat and it updated to the Windows (95) registry.

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 02:23:10 GMT
 Unable to Uninstall LabVIEW 6.0
Hi again,

Thankyou
Tim

Quote:

> I download two files killlv.bat and msizap from NI Developer Exchange.
> First, I renamed msizap to msizap.exe.  Second, I modified the
> killlv.bat to direct the call to correct path of msizap.exe, then
> I ran the killlv.bat and it updated to the Windows (95) registry.

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 05:48:37 GMT
 Unable to Uninstall LabVIEW 6.0
Please, send URL for the group, where you find it.

thanks
PP

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 13:29:56 GMT
 Unable to Uninstall LabVIEW 6.0
Sorry! I don't have the URL.
Just search for killlv.bat in the Discussion Forums on NI Developer
Zone.

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 23:33:34 GMT
 Unable to Uninstall LabVIEW 6.0
OK, thanks.

PP

Quote:

> Here are the files that I was sent.
> I modified Killlv.bat so that msizap.exe only have to be in the same
> directory to run.

> What I found is that it deletes all references to LV in the windows
> registery, so you can delete the LV folders and files directly, or
> install LV directly over the top. with out it detecting that a version
> is installed.

> Note: I think msizap.exe does not work for NT, W2000 systems, there is
> another version for that. Not that I have had any difficulty with W2000.

> > Please, send URL for the group, where you find it.

> > thanks
> > PP

>   -----------------------------------------------------------------
>                  Name: msizap.exe
>    msizap.exe    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>              Encoding: base64

>                  Name: Killlv.bat
>    Killlv.bat    Type: MS-DOS Batch File (application/x-unknown-content-type-batfile)
>              Encoding: base64

Mon, 08 Nov 2004 18:21:53 GMT

1. Can't Uninstall Labview Run-Time engine 6.0

2. how do I uninstall labview application with no uninstall program

3. Convert from LabView 6.1 to LabView 6.0

4. How to I create labview 6.0 compatible VIs with Labview 6.1

5. uninstalling LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 6.1

6. How do you uninstall a Labview application

7. to uninstall a labview application

8. LabView 6.0.2 uninstall

9. Updating instalation/uninstalling LabView 6.0.2 on Windows 98

10. do I have to uninstall Labview 5.1 to install 6.1

11. uninstall LabVIEW 6.1

12. Uninstall Trial Labview 7