Does this sound like a permission/access problem?(datasockets)
Author Message
 Does this sound like a permission/access problem?(datasockets)

(This is an old post, and I will probably start another thread) but I
just wanted to add my comment....

I also would like to write (using labview) to a datasocket object from
multiple computers, but the solution suggested here doesn't work for
me. Even using predefined data items (with multiple writers approved)
gives the same problem. Only the first .vi to access the data appears
to be able to write to it. This happens using either the 'subscribe
and publish' front panel options, or programmatically using datasocket
read/write.

Any comments would be appreciated

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 07:24:25 GMT
 Does this sound like a permission/access problem?(datasockets)
further to my previous comment, upgrading 6i to 6.0.2 has fixed my
problem. Everything works as it is expected to. It would be nice
though to have dynamic control over the 'multiple writers' option for
datasocket objects. Maybe in version 7.0.2?

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 09:46:44 GMT

1. Does this sound like a permission/access problem?(datasockets)

2. DataSocket crashes when I start my VI (with datasocket enabled controls)

3. C5 abc Access rights and permissions

4. RW attributes on important access permissions discussion

5. How to access sound input?

6. LabVIEW 6.1 problem with datasockets server starting

7. DataSocket Read problem

8. Problems with enumerated type and DataSocket

9. problem about Using DataSocket when the URL points to a file

10. Help! - Datasocket read/write problem

11. LabVIEW 6.1 problem with datasockets server starting

12. Problem with datasocket in labview and java