Error 1406 from LabVIEW 6.1 Installer
Author Message
 Error 1406 from LabVIEW 6.1 Installer

I am getting error 1406 when attempting to install an application
built with labview 6.1.  An earlier version of my application was
installing OK when built with the LabVIEW 6.0.2 application builder.
The same error 1406 is occurring on both Windows 98 and Windows 2000
Professional machines.  The NI Knowledgebase states that error 1406 is
related to a limitation in the Windows Registry size and the key size.
I notice that the 6.1 application builder generates a product code,
and that this same product code appears in the error dialog.  I can
find no mention of the product code in the application builder release
notes or in the NI Knowledgebase.  The Knowledgebase entry for error
1406 suggests using a shorter installation path, but I don't see that
this would have any effect on the length of the entry in the registry.
On the Windows 98 machine there are similar product codes in the
registry, so apparently other applications were able to install
correctly.  Does anyone have any additional information about this
problem?

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 04:03:52 GMT
 Error 1406 from LabVIEW 6.1 Installer
Allen
I had some other error messages an trouble when trying installing,
and ended up uninstalling 6.0.2 before installing 6.1.
That solution worked for me.
Martin

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 15:35:14 GMT
 Error 1406 from LabVIEW 6.1 Installer
Martin
Thanks for the suggestion but I did that. I also removed the NI-VISA
2.5 Runtime and installed the NI-VISA 2.6 Runtime, and also removed
the version of my application built with LabVIEW 6.0.2 and replaced it
with the one built with LabVIEW 6.1.
Allen

Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:01:04 GMT

1. Labview 6.1 application installer: how to run two setup files

2. error 1406 during application installations

3. Error#3:"memory.cpp"line 563 Labview version 6.1

4. Memory Error when installing labview 6.1

5. what does Error 1605 mean during LabView 6.1 installation

6. what does Error 1706 mean during LabView 6.1 installation

7. Units error in LabVIEW 6.1?

8. LabVIEW 6.1 OK button error

9. LabView Run-time engine 6.1 fatal error on install in XP Pro

10. Convert from LabView 6.1 to LabView 6.0

11. Labview runtime libraries (Labview 6.1)

12. It is possible to downgrade labview version 6.1 to labview version 5.1.1