simple RS-232 advice for labview
Author Message
 simple RS-232 advice for labview

I have lost the way how to deal with my old intrument(weighing meter).
Only sending the command from my com and get the response(in weight)
from the instrument is what i'm trying. after exploring searching for
driver, no wonder this old instrument have no windows based driver. i
have looked on several samples in labview, but to be honest, i
couldn't figure it out.

I have tried many times on "serial communication.vi"and change VISA
open into VISA configure serial port instead. it comes out with error
occured. So now, i have no idea how can i success in this.

Thanx

ps. i'm now using window2000.

Thu, 08 Dec 2005 18:28:05 GMT
 simple RS-232 advice for labview
What kind of scale is it that you're trying to talk to? How old
exactly is it?

Even if you can't find ready-made drivers this sort of thing shouldn't
be too hard to create yourself. One thing is that because LV is
crossplatform you don't necessarily have to find "Windows" drivers for
the device.

The main thing is whether you have a manual for it (or can find one).
Alternately, if we know what kind of scale you have someone might have
drivers for it.

Mike...

Fri, 09 Dec 2005 10:43:46 GMT

1. simple RS-232 advice for labview novice

2. Labview & RS-232

3. RS-232 and LabVIEW

4. MOXA C218 RS-232 Async Card under Labview

5. HP 34970A and Labview via RS-232

6. Visibility of an RS 232 converter on USB

7. VisualAge Smalltalk RS 232 Communication

8. Placing RS-232 Data into the Keyboard Buffer?

9. some problem in RS-232

10. RS-232 Problem

11. push botton for RS 232 serial bus

12. RS-232 problems