How do I get an XY Chart to display properly while using...
Author Message
 How do I get an XY Chart to display properly while using...

How do I get an XY Chart to display properly while using embedded
loops to periodically read multiple channels of similar data? (multi-Y
versus specified time)  The plot just becomes a point or a single plot
of all values taken at one scanning of all channels.  I want multiple
plots over time updated at the time of scanning.

I have also stored my data in a daily text file that is tab delimited.
The text files consists of a row of text column headers, a blank row
and then rows of data.  The data rows are mixed data types.  The first
column is a date/time such as Mar 1, 2002 12:01 pm.  The remaining
columns are numeric data.  I can't seem to get my data to plot
properly in an XY chart from memory and am having problems parsing the
data with mixed data types in the data rows.  The format I am using
works great for viewing the history files in Excel.

When I plot the data, I either get a single point or a a series of
points for a single reading of all channels or I get a line connecting
all data for that single scan reading.  What am I doing wrong?  At
this point, I don't care if I read the data from the file to plot it
or if I can just get labview to plot correctly as the data is gathered
without going to the history file.

As noted in the summary question, I have embedded loops in my
applicaiton. I have a while-loop that determines the scan rate and
keeps the program running until it is turned off.  Inside of that, I
have a for-loop (in a subVI) which scans all my data channels.

Thanks for your help.

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 06:35:46 GMT
 How do I get an XY Chart to display properly while using...
XY plots expect a cluster containing two 1D arrays for the X and Y
coordinates of the individual points. If you want multiple plots you can
supply an array of these clusters but you have to resupply the "x" array
for each of them.

Hope that helps,

  Rudolf

[...]

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:17:50 GMT
 How do I get an XY Chart to display properly while using...
If you want the XY graph to plot the data as it is being acquired, you
might be looking for chart behavior.  There is no XY chart, but there
is an example on how to use an XY graph as an XY chart.  Do a labview
help search for "XY chart"

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 05:29:33 GMT

1. How can i construct an XY storage oscilloscope display using an XY Graph

2. xy graph to xy chart

3. How to remove the extra line in XY chart

4. Generating real time for an xy graph behaving as a chart

5. How can I plot an XY-chart ?

6. how to print the XY-Chart

7. y-t charts versus xy graphs

8. doing it properly ...

9. How to prevent dummy data from being displayed on the XY graph

10. xy-graph with continous displaying

11. xy graph cusor position display

12. ruby entry widget does not display properly