SCSI-Interface
Author Message
 SCSI-Interface

Hello,
is there anyone using SCSI-Devices with labview. I am looking
to connect a KINETICS SCSI-Camac-Contrl. to LABVIEW.
Bernhard

Sun, 15 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SCSI-Interface

Quote:
>There may be the possibility of getting a PC embedded controller in the
CAMAC
>crate from Kinetics.  Then you could talk to the PC controller via Labview
>and the embedded controller could talk to the SCSI controller. This option
>is quite expensive.

What would be the use of that?! If you can talk to the PC controller, you
can talk directly to the CAMAC backplane, so there is no need to use the
SCSI interface.

BTW: we are doing CAMAC readout with LabVIEW ourselves. We use a crate
controller and PC interface developed at our institute which is commercially
available, too. If you are interested, drop me an email and I will look up
where you can get it (don't know, we use our prototypes :-)

Dirk

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SCSI-Interface

Quote:
>I am extremely interested in the controller you are talking about and will
>E-mail you separately.

I answered this one by email. Regarding your very complicated
"multi-crate-readout": at least with our crate controller this can easily be
done by daisy chaining the crate controllers to the PC interface. You then
simply issue a crate select command and all remaining FNA calls go to the
crate with the crate controller at the specified crate number. I am not sure
if the interface is capable of multi branch access (the LabVIEW driver would
be, but I could not check due to the problem of not having two branches :-),
but probably 16 crates will be enough for you...

Have a nice weekend,
Dirk

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. SCSI interface.