Having trouble with Lecroy 2373 Memory Lookup Unit
Author Message
 Having trouble with Lecroy 2373 Memory Lookup Unit

I am writing a labview 5.1.1 program for the Lecroy 2373 Memory Lookup
unit.  I am using the KS3988 CAMAC controller and the KS3988 VIs that
go along with it.

I can load and then read the CCR of the MLU successfully.

I can NOT, however, load or read from the CAR, I think.  And I can not
load or read words to the addres specified by the CAR.

I am reading the manual for this device.

Is there anyone out there who has experience with this device?

Note:  I had to change the original read VI of the KS3988 VIs since
they do not work otherwise.

Thanks.

-Kazem

Sat, 29 Nov 2003 22:39:53 GMT
 Having trouble with Lecroy 2373 Memory Lookup Unit
I just figured out the problem.

Not all CAMAC crates have the +/- 12 V pin assignment.  The status
byte, among other things, uses an auxilary -6 V which is supplied by
the -12 V pin.  The -6 V can be found at pin Y1, or the fourth pin up
on the left side of the GPIB slots.

The crate that I have does NOT have 12 V pins.  Therefore, the status
byte, and things like the Lecroy 2373 Memory Lookup unit DO NOT work.

Being the hack that I am, I wired -6 V of power into my crate, and now
everything works.  It looks a little dangerous, but it works.

Tue, 02 Dec 2003 00:12:20 GMT

1. Bot-kit - having trouble using light sensors

2. Anyone else having trouble with GIFs?

3. Is Clarion Foundry Site Having Trouble?

4. Still having trouble with conversion of ascii file

5. If you are having trouble reaching ISE...

6. Having trouble printing front panel with consistent magins

7. I having trouble using a serial i/o port with LabVIEW

8. Still having trouble with arrays

9. I am having trouble reading a time stamp on a video using OCR

10. Having trouble reading HPIB instrument consistently in a GPIB system

11. Having trouble with the HTTP Server vi

12. Having trouble configuring tbx-1303