Labview runtime libraries (Labview 6.1)
Author Message
 Labview runtime libraries (Labview 6.1)

I would like to install a labview program with another installer
program, instead of using the Application Builder. I need to know what
are the runtime files and registry settings that I have to distribute
with my application.

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 23:25:47 GMT
 Labview runtime libraries (Labview 6.1)
I've always just copied the contents of the Program Files\National
Instruments\shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\6.0 directory... i.e. \models, \script,
the 4 dll's and the serpdrv... into the directory with my application.

However, recently I found that I also needed the 2 dll's at the Program
Files\National Instruments\shared directory... i.e. nicont.dll &
nicontdt.dll... in order to use an Active X container w/ Web Browser
component within my application.

I have never created any registry settings!  IMHO...If used properly, the
Microsoft registry is only supposed to contain product registration and
location information, so that the un-install programs or update programs
know where to find things.  Configuration information should also be stored
in an application specific ini file, right?

Bill

p.s. I've never been able to find documentation supporting my technique...
but, it works!

Quote:
> I would like to install a labview program with another installer
> program, instead of using the Application Builder. I need to know what
> are the runtime files and registry settings that I have to distribute
> with my application.

Sun, 13 Feb 2005 10:49:39 GMT
 Labview runtime libraries (Labview 6.1)
If you have an exe, all you need do is install the LabVIEW run time
engine.  You can download an installer for it from the web.  You might
also be interested in the following link that discusses additional
files needed with certain VIs.
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/e11...

Jeremy

Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:24:13 GMT

1. LV 6.0 runtime engine not found with labview 6.1

2. Executeable created with LabView 6.0.2 won't work with Runtime 6.1

3. Convert from LabView 6.1 to LabView 6.0

4. It is possible to downgrade labview version 6.1 to labview version 5.1.1

5. convert's labview 6.1 vi's to labview 5.1 vi's

6. How to I create labview 6.0 compatible VIs with Labview 6.1

7. Problems with IMAQ Vision after upgrading from Labview 6i to Labview 6.1

8. Labview 6.0.2 runtime error causing Labview crash

9. Labview runtime libraries

10. Color & fonts (labview 6.1)

11. System date time format with LabVIEW 6.1

12. Labview 6.1 stops for a while when selecting square with a mouse