Analog Output Being Delay by Waveform Aquisition
Author Message
 Analog Output Being Delay by Waveform Aquisition

Waveform acquisition in labview is synchronous, in other words, it
blocks labview from doing anything else while the waveform read VI is
waiting for its data to be available.  In LabVIEW 6x and lower, I use
a read VI with 0 scans to get the scan backlog.  Once the backlog is
big enough for the AI read block to execute, I execute it, thus
avoiding the blocking of LabVIEW.

This technique is used with background or double buffered waveform
acquisition.  However, LabVIEW 7.0 fixes the problem for e series daq
cards supported by the new daqmx interface.

Hope this helps

preston johnson

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 15:20:42 GMT

1. Analog Output Being Delay by Waveform Aquisition

2. multiple waveform generation on analog output channels

3. Can analog output cards generate different waveforms simultaneously?

4. How to combine Digital Output, a delay and Analog Input in a fast loop

5. Delayed repeated analog output

6. How to generate two analog square output with one delayed

7. synchronizing analog data acquisition with analog waveform generation

8. Problem with analog Data Aquisition and Channel Wizard

9. Using analog output to trigger analog input.

10. Collecting waveforms from a continuous aquisition using an external pulse to section them off

11. Analog input waveform data channels occasionally swap when ...

12. TTL signal to analog waveform