Anybody know a fast efficient sorting Algorithm
Author Message
 Anybody know a fast efficient sorting Algorithm

I solved this one myself. To achieve the sorting I used LV's own sorting
function and the fact that when sorting clusters it will sort by the first
element in the cluster. First my sorting function had to strip the data I
wanted sorted by, out of my original array of clusters at the same time
clustering it with the its index in the array. When the sorting is done the
index can be used to reorder the array of clusters to the new sorted state.

About a function calling itself. Possibly if the function was made reentrant
and then the function loads itself using the 'Load VI' function or maybe the
'VI Server' functions. I havn't tried this but if anybody has email me. Tim.

Fri, 26 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Anybody know a fast efficient sorting Algorithm

Quote:

> I solved this one myself. To achieve the sorting I used LV's own sorting
> function and the fact that when sorting clusters it will sort by the first
> element in the cluster. First my sorting function had to strip the data I
> wanted sorted by, out of my original array of clusters at the same time
> clustering it with the its index in the array. When the sorting is done the
> index can be used to reorder the array of clusters to the new sorted state.

> About a function calling itself. Possibly if the function was made reentrant
> and then the function loads itself using the 'Load VI' function or maybe the
> 'VI Server' functions. I havn't tried this but if anybody has email me. Tim.

Quicksort is a recursive algorithm (i.e. it calls
itself.)  Direct recursion where a VI calls itself
is not permitted in labview.  Self managed
recursion is possible.

You can find a quicksort implementation in G in the
the book "LabVIEW Power Programming".  This example
uses a stack data structure and self managed
recursion to implement the algorithm.

Feel free to contact me for more information (I
wrote the quicksort example.)

Joe Damico

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 19 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Efficient logging algorithm

2. Efficient Computer Algorithms.

3. Efficient Rule Minimization Algorithms

4. HCV: A New Efficient Attribute-Based Induction Algorithm

5. space-efficient top-N algorithm

6. Space efficient sorting of arrays

7. Space efficient sorting of arrays

8. J/APL memory use [was Re: SV: Space efficient sorting of arrays]

9. J/APL memory use [was Re: SV: Space efficient sorting of

10. re efficient sorting of arrays

11. GC efficient sort

12. Anybody know of good compression / zip library