NEW_parallel.lbb from LTR 8.4 doesn't work
Author Message
 NEW_parallel.lbb from LTR 8.4 doesn't work

Hello
In LTR 8.4 NEW_parallel.lbb was issued. The author change it so it
should work on LV > 6.0. But I can not make it work.
COM 1 and COM 2 works but LPT 1 works only on the screen, but nothing
is changing on the
lines of LPT. Any clues?

thanks in advance

PP

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:00:16 GMT
 NEW_parallel.lbb from LTR 8.4 doesn't work
Hi Pawel

Have you grounded the BUSY and PE lines? To get the data lines working
correctly, ground the BUSY and PE lines. These are pins 11 and 12,
respectively. These are both handshaking lines and left unwired, these
lines indicate that the printer is busy or out of paper. Grounding
these inputs communicates to the parallel port that the device is
ready to accept data.

Hope it helps

Luca P.
Application Engineer
National Instruments

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:09:51 GMT
 NEW_parallel.lbb from LTR 8.4 doesn't work
Hi Luca,
Yes, I am aware of this and I have it grounded.
regards

Pawel

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:23:05 GMT
 NEW_parallel.lbb from LTR 8.4 doesn't work
Hi Pawel

I don't know this LTR example. Is it using the Port In/Out VI's? If
yes and if you're using Windwos NT/2000/XP you need to install an
extra driver (Acesshw.dll). Please check this link. Perhaps you can
try one of the described examples too:
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/72C6FC6CE4AD4D1386256...

Luca P.

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:13:29 GMT

1. BLT installs but doesn't work, and TkTable doesn't build

2. EAI works (or doesn't work) differently under different platforms

3. tkman works/doesn't work [hpux9]

4. match works, don't match doesn't

5. Bevel Buttons' icon doesn't work

6. re.LOCALE | re.IGNORECASE doesn't work as you'd expect

7. PostScript generation: the TclVSrpt package works with Tcl 8.4

8. Announce: TkInfo 2.6, works with Tcl/Tk 8.4

9. Looking for tcLex working with 8.4

10. expect's full_buffer doesn't seem to work

11. [entry]'s -disabledforeground doesn't work

12. += doesn't work in python cgi's