LabView course basic 1 and basic 2
Author Message
 LabView course basic 1 and basic 2

Hey,

I'm rather new to labview and to get more experience in 'programming
LabView' I thought it may be some idea to go to the basic 1 and basic 2
course, provided by NI... (and in some time got and see the DAQ-course)

Anyone out there who took this course (these courses) ?

My basic topic is DAQ. (Not faster than 100 S/s at this moment). Before I
decide to follow this course it would be a good idea to find out if I
already got the experience I would get from this course. In that case it's a
waste of money of course.
Who can tell me what you really learn at Basic 1 and 2. Is it a waste of
money (and time)?

Perhaps it helps if I send some vi's I've created and tell them what they
do. (In separate e-mail)

please reply on e-mail

Boozz.

Mon, 06 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 LabView course basic 1 and basic 2
I've taken both Basics I and II, and the LabVIEW DAQ course.  In my case
they were worth it.  I'm not sure if your situation is the same as mine,
though.  My schedule is usually pretty full.  So I was able to take these
courses and get up to a point where I could do all the basic functions in
one week.  That was a big help.  I might add that I'm an instructor by
trade, not a programmer, so I don't have years of C programming behind me.
Also, my company paid for the courses, which made my decision a lot easier!

Another benefit that really helped me is that the instructors really cared,
and offered to give me some help even after the course was over.  I didn't
want to abuse this offer, so I was very careful in how much I asked of them,
but they both were more than helpful.  This is the kind of service that's
hard to find out there!  Both instructors worked for National Instruments
Alliance Member companies.  They were knowledgeable and serious about
ensuring I got my money's worth.

If you are already familiar with wiring VIs, then I would suggest that you
go to the NI web site and look at the detailed course outline for these
courses.  If you are already familiar with what is covered in these courses,
then obviously you wouldn't gain much by taking them.  If you need to learn
a lot of what is shown in the outlines, then there is no quicker way to get
up to speed.

Best of luck to you,

Mike

Mon, 06 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 LabView course basic 1 and basic 2

I recently took the Basics I course. I am new to Labview also. The course
was well worth it. You can purchase the course book for about $300, and this
would be credited toward the cost of the training if you decided to take
it. The training book is very well written, and the key that made the training
valuable was all the hands on examples. Two disks come with the book that
contain aids and solutions for the class hands-on examples.

The course covered Edited and debugging VI's; creating subVI's; Loops and
charts; Arrays and graphs; case and sequences structures (my favorite part
of the course); strings and file I/O; VI customization; Data acquisition;
and Instrument control.

I was able to generate a calculator with four mathematical operations (+,-,*,/)
from a single selector key, after taking the course. I could not do this
before the course. For a beginner, this training is recommended.

Good luck,

Steve

Mon, 06 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. where can i find the files that were included in the labview basic 1 and basic 2 course manuals

2. Device Driver: from Apple III BASIC to IBM BASIC

3. Please help Visual Basic Programer with simple read/write text file routine---Real Basic 2.1

4. Visual basic or real basic?

5. UNIBASIC, PIC BASIC or Business Basic

6. Power Basic CC vs Power Basic for DOS

7. old BASIC to REAL BASIC ?

8. Switching to Real Basic from Visual Basic?

9. Basicly a basic BASIC

10. Basic and Basic->C converter wanted

11. Basicly a basic BASIC

12. BASIC VS. TURBO-BASIC