Serial PORT WRITE
Author Message
 Serial PORT WRITE

Hi !
I'm doing a serial communication between pic 17f877 and labview. I
want to know how to write a number between 0-255 on the port ? with
the vi serial port write.
For now, on labview i can read what the pic is sending, but when i
want to write on the pic through labview, its seems like the pic
receive only the last number, like if i send 255, pic will receive 5
???

its looks like labview is sending the number in ascii, i want to know
how to send it in 8 bits (binary)

thanks

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 04:44:26 GMT
 Serial PORT WRITE
Create a string, right click on it and select "Hex display" - set the
value of the string to FF. Now you have the string you need to send if
you want to send 255 as a byte...

Generally it might be best to operate with numbers (here U8 or I8) in
the program and then just type-cast it to a string prior to sending it
to the port...

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 04:56:32 GMT

1. Serial Port Writing with CDD 3 DOS

2. Serial Port Write

3. Serial Port Write Problem

4. 'Serial Port Write' does not work with FTDI USB<->RS232 converter

5. writing in binary to a serial port

6. How do I read/write serial port?

7. Writing bytes out of Serial Port

8. During serial port communication (writing/transmission) is...

9. writing/reading from serial port

10. Serial port, flushes after write

11. Reading and writing individual bits on the serial port

12. Reading/writing to serial port w/ VISA in Labview