Making a sub VI create a graph on Front Panel
Author Message
 Making a sub VI create a graph on Front Panel

Is it possible to drag a sub-VI onto a wiring diagram which makes a
graph pop up on the front panel. Or alternativly, is it possible to
make a custom indicator (looks like a graph) which i can place on the
Front Panel and on the wiring diagram shows up a subVI.

Did that make any sense at all?

Thanks

Rob

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 23:32:03 GMT
 Making a sub VI create a graph on Front Panel
Hi Rob,
If I understood it right, I think there are more than one ways you
could do this. The one that i can think at the top of my head is: to
create a subvi with a graph and change one of its VI properties,
'Window Appearance' to 'Dialog' so that it looks more like a custom
pop-up window without the menu bar. You can then place this subvi in
your regular vi, wire a appropriate input to the graph in the subvi
and edit the 'subvi node setup' by right clicking on it and choosing
to  'show the front panel when called'. This way whenever your main
application dataflow reaches the subvi, it would pop-up the subvi
front panel and display your graphed values.

Hope this helps,
Pravin

Sun, 13 Feb 2005 00:37:43 GMT
 Making a sub VI create a graph on Front Panel
You can achieve this using the palette. Edit your control palette menu
right click to insert a control. Instead of selecting a control, make
"Show all.." and select a VI. After saving the changes, when you will
select this added item to put on a FP, all the controls of the VI are
put on the front panel and the VI code is inserted on the diagram.
To get the same from the function palette, insert a VI on the palette
and select "Merge VI". Then when you select this VI to put on the
diagram, its code is put on the diagram and its controls on the FP.

Sun, 13 Feb 2005 00:57:51 GMT

1. Need to display sub-vi front panels without stopping WHILE loop containing those VI's

2. writing to front panel indicators from sub-VI

3. How do I make sub vi's front panels visible

4. how to display sub-vi front-panel within a tab-control

5. Making VI front panels modal outside of Labview

6. I try to open two sub vi front panel in third - main vi front panel.

7. Can a VI create front panel controls?

8. How to stick the called vi on the same place of front panel of main VI

9. Can I use ActiveX to embed a front-panel inside another front-panel

10. Sub-VIs with front-panel controls?

11. Access Sub.vi's from a front menu button system at any time

12. programaticly (dynamicly) show front panel of a vi