Bit twiddling on Parallel port
Author Message
 Bit twiddling on Parallel port

There's been several recent threads about the parallel port. A link to
one is
http://www.*-*-*.com/
I'd suggest doing a search for "parallel port" or just browsing
through the recent history.

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:49:30 GMT
 Bit twiddling on Parallel port

Hey guys,

Windows NT doesn't like letting you have control of the parallel port, so there
are different parallel port VIs that must be used.  You can find them on the NI
Knowledge Base website.  Just do a search for "parallel port windows NT" and you
should find the stuff pretty quick.  Here is  a link:

http://digital.natinst.com/public.nsf/websearch/C80752C53094C29686256...

Download the parallel.zip file.  There are separate VIs for Win95/98 and NT.

Quote:

> Thanks Dennis,
>     I'm still looking.  The link you sent applies to Win95 and Win98 which
> have built in Inport and Outport functions in LV.  These are not available
> in NT.  Any body achieved this functionality with LV6i & NT?
> Thanks
> Alf

> > There's been several recent threads about the parallel port. A link to
> > one is

> http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=135...
> 06500000008000000E11A0000&UCATEGORY_0=_49_%24_6_&UCATEGORY_S=0.
> > I'd suggest doing a search for "parallel port" or just browsing
> > through the recent history.

Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:27:56 GMT
 Bit twiddling on Parallel port
Alf

I worked on some VIs that allow parallel port control under NT and Windows
2000. They are still in testing but should be available for download from
our site soon.

Regards,
Graeme

Rayodyne - The Networked Measurements Company
www.rayodyne.com

Quote:
> Thanks Dennis,
>     I'm still looking.  The link you sent applies to Win95 and Win98 which
> have built in Inport and Outport functions in LV.  These are not available
> in NT.  Any body achieved this functionality with LV6i & NT?
> Thanks
> Alf

> > There's been several recent threads about the parallel port. A link to
> > one is

http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=135...
Quote:
> 06500000008000000E11A0000&UCATEGORY_0=_49_%24_6_&UCATEGORY_S=0.
> > I'd suggest doing a search for "parallel port" or just browsing
> > through the recent history.

Fri, 31 Oct 2003 23:21:01 GMT

1. Bit Twiddling??

2. UUDECODE - Bit-twiddling in Arexx

3. SIMD-like bit-twiddling on odd-sized quantities

4. New Mathematical bit-twiddle - stage on of a isPerfectSquare()

5. Crazy bit-twiddle algorithms needed!

6. Bit twiddling functions

7. Bit twiddling functions

8. Byte/Bit Twiddling in Ada