"Device Not Found" incurred using non-NI-h/w-bound specimen code
Author Message
 "Device Not Found" incurred using non-NI-h/w-bound specimen code

Having built an application from the 'Labview <-> Serial.vi' supplied
by NI for LV5 I find that when distributed to PCs the .exe generates
"Device not found" (in 'Bytes at Serial Port' sub-vi) for any port no.
I pick. Attempted verification on 2 PCs using 'loopback' (only LV4
build can be loaded by me) gives no port echo at all, nor even an
error, even when shorting pins in PC's rear to take cable-config out
of eqtn.

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:28:40 GMT
 "Device Not Found" incurred using non-NI-h/w-bound specimen code
Are you including the file "serpdrv" in your build. It is necessary
with the old-style serial drivers. Also make sure you are referencing
a serial port that exists on the target machine and is not being used
by something else. The mere fact that nothing is plugged into the port
doesn't mean its not in use...

Mike...

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 00:05:30 GMT
 "Device Not Found" incurred using non-NI-h/w-bound specimen code
Are you including the file "serpdrv" in your build. It is necessary
with the old-style serial drivers. Also make sure you are referencing
a serial port that exists on the target machine and is not being used
by something else. The mere fact that nothing is plugged into the port
doesn't mean its not in use...

Mike...

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 00:04:21 GMT
 "Device Not Found" incurred using non-NI-h/w-bound specimen code
Mike - thanks, serpdrv seems to be the crux of it, although even with
serpdrv sitting by the exe (I haven't yet successfully built it in)
the port number I need to select keeps changing from 0 to 1 and back
session by session. Most peculiar.

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:53:37 GMT
 "Device Not Found" incurred using non-NI-h/w-bound specimen code
When building an executable, include serpdrv in the source file list
as a support file. This will cause the installer to include it.

Can't think why the port number would be switching around. As you
said: "Most peculiar."

Mike...

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 04:40:12 GMT

1. "The NI ServiceLocator is not running"

2. "entry point not found" error

3. "[Topspeed ODBC]Table not found (#25)"

4. Help "error 3 path not found"

5. "cw.red" not found error

6. HELP:Inconsistent "Variable not found" error

7. DBX utility, "Alias not found"

8. "Can not find OLE control ..."

9. Could not find routine "WSREGISTRYKEY"

10. rexx error 43 "routine not found"

11. GNAT/NT: "-luser32.a not found"

12. Error with "Not found: win32com.client"