XY - plot using parameter related colors
Author Message
 XY - plot using parameter related colors

I would like to create an XY-plot, similar to the standard one in
labview but now with 3 columns as input: the standard X and Y
coordinates and a third one related to the colour of the individual
points.

How should I build a fast VI for obtaining these coloured parameter
plots?

Thanks,

Koen

Tue, 03 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 XY - plot using parameter related colors
Not sure if you CAN do this with the XY-plot object. However, what you can
do is create a 3D plot, viewed directly from above, and the third column
determines the height of each point. The 3D plot can be set to be
colour-coded for the different heights/Z-values.

I've only used the 3D plotting with matrices, so you may have to convert
your 3 column array to a square matrix first.

3D plots are only in Labview5- you don't state what version you're in.

I guess an alternative way would be to use the picture stuff and make a
bitmap that you then display, but I've never played with that stuff.

Quote:
> I would like to create an XY-plot, similar to the standard one in
> labview but now with 3 columns as input: the standard X and Y
> coordinates and a third one related to the colour of the individual
> points.

> How should I build a fast VI for obtaining these coloured parameter
> plots?

> Thanks,

> Koen

Tue, 03 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 XY - plot using parameter related colors
Intensity graph where you would use your third aray for the colormap.

Quote:
> I would like to create an XY-plot, similar to the standard one in
> labview but now with 3 columns as input: the standard X and Y
> coordinates and a third one related to the colour of the individual
> points.

> How should I build a fast VI for obtaining these coloured parameter
> plots?

> Thanks,

> Koen

Tue, 03 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How can i construct an XY storage oscilloscope display using an XY Graph

2. I am using Plot XY.vi for a picture output (not XY graph.) I...

3. access the properties of an xy-plot (eg: cursor x,y values, scale etc)

4. Plotting 2D array on a XY graph

5. Multiple plots on a XY graph

6. Expand XY Graphs that were plotted in another window

7. printing an XY plot over a picture

8. setting XY graph plot colour

9. How can I plot an XY-chart ?

10. plot pair of values in a XY graph

11. IS there any method to do real time plotting of XY data

12. Can't change scale ranges on a multiple XY plot