how to change 2D String array into two of 1D String arrays??
Author Message
 how to change 2D String array into two of 1D String arrays??

I have a 2D string array, I would like to split them into two of 1D
string arrays. I also want to do the same with 2D double arrays into
two of double 1D arrays. Can someone help me about this?

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 09:54:21 GMT
 how to change 2D String array into two of 1D String arrays??
Use "Index Array" function (in Functions > Array Palette) to get any
column or line from your 2D. If you need to combine two or more
lines/columns as a !D array, take a look to "Array Subset" and
"Reshape Array" functions too.

Good Luck

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 11:15:22 GMT
 how to change 2D String array into two of 1D String arrays??

Quote:
> I have a 2D string array, I would like to split them into two of 1D
> string arrays. I also want to do the same with 2D double arrays into
> two of double 1D arrays. Can someone help me about this?

Regardless of the inner type, a 2D array can be split, or indexed using
the index array node.  You don't mention what version, and the node
changed a bit between LV5 and 6, but generally, drop the node, wire the
2D array to the left side.  If it doesn't do so automatically, grow it
to contain two indices.  Wire one of them to select a given row or
column.  In earlier versions, you had to popup on the other index, but
in LV6, it will automatically interpret this to take the entire range.

Anyway, the output will be a 1D array of either row or column depending
on which you wired up.  I believe the top will select which column and
the bottom will select the row.

Greg McKaskle

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 12:19:20 GMT
 how to change 2D String array into two of 1D String arrays??
For splitting a multidimenional arrays into two parts, I generally
like to use the Delete from Array VI.  The VI returns the original
array with parts deleted and also the deleted part, so it can be used
as a multidimensional split.

Mon, 16 Aug 2004 00:53:07 GMT
 how to change 2D String array into two of 1D String arrays??
I use LV6i. I tried what you suggested but it does not work ... might
be I did not understand you well! But thank you for your advice, I
will try again!

Mon, 16 Aug 2004 06:21:51 GMT
 how to change 2D String array into two of 1D String arrays??
I tried what you suggested but it does not work ... the output still
remains two rows. I will try again, thanks for your advice!

Mon, 16 Aug 2004 06:24:03 GMT
 how to change 2D String array into two of 1D String arrays??
Thank you for your advice, it works with beauty!

Mon, 16 Aug 2004 06:19:32 GMT
 how to change 2D String array into two of 1D String arrays??
I too needed a vi that converted a 2D Array to a 1D.  This worked
great !!  Thanks!

Tue, 07 Dec 2004 23:18:33 GMT

1. Change a 2D Array into a 1D Array.

2. convert 2d array to 1d array without using shift registers and build array

3. Convert 1D string Array to Numeric Array

4. creating a new 2D array with two 2D arrays

5. 1D binairy array (I16) to 2D array

6. 1d array containing means of a 2d array

7. 2D array to 1D array

8. Array to String and String to Array

9. Join 1D three arrays together become a 1d array

10. Sorting 2d string arrays

11. Convert 2D-Integer-Array to String

12. array 2D to 1D