How do I use dial up (PPP) TCP/IP port on a machine which also has TCP/IP LAN
Author Message
 How do I use dial up (PPP) TCP/IP port on a machine which also has TCP/IP LAN

On a machine which has both LAN and dial up TCP/IP, the TCP/IP VIs
seem to use the LAN by default. Is there any way I can use the dial up
adapter TCP/IP adapter

Sun, 16 Oct 2005 16:14:41 GMT
 How do I use dial up (PPP) TCP/IP port on a machine which also has TCP/IP LAN

Quote:

> On a machine which has both LAN and dial up TCP/IP, the TCP/IP VIs
> seem to use the LAN by default. Is there any way I can use the dial up
> adapter TCP/IP adapter

I think this depends on the configuration of your Computer. The IP-Stack
normally choses the "best" way itselfe by looking in the routing table.

You probably have to delete the default-route (which often pints to the
LAN interface) to get what you want... but this really depends on what
you want...

bye

Marco

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 00:14:18 GMT
 How do I use dial up (PPP) TCP/IP port on a machine which also has TCP/IP LAN
YOu might also want to install the "internet sharing", which forces
both ports to be operational.

Wed, 19 Oct 2005 16:41:29 GMT
 How do I use dial up (PPP) TCP/IP port on a machine which also has TCP/IP LAN
YOu might also want to install the "internet sharing", which forces
both ports to be operational.

Wed, 19 Oct 2005 16:42:17 GMT

1. PPP or TCP/IP driver interfaces?

2. TCP/IP/PPP in Ada

3. List of used TCP/IP ports

4. Having tcl interact with a TCP/IP interface

5. Problem with adressing machine over TCP/IP

6. TCP/IP through a com port

7. datasocket: how may I define the TCP/IP Port

8. TCP/IP ports and vrml

9. TCP/IP ports and RPC in python

10. TCP OPEN ERROR when using IP Address !

11. Passing data between apps using tcp/ip

12. Want TCP/IP transfer using Win32forth