Serial Port Write Problem
Author Message
 Serial Port Write Problem

There appears to be an issue with the Serial Write in LV3.51, 4.0 and maybe
even 5.0. This is acknowledged by NI and mentioned in a readme file in the
root dir of the LV CD. You can also find it in the Ni kwowlegde base. I had
it too on a certain machine (486/33).
NI says it appears only at buad rates of 9600 and higher, but I found that
it happens at lower baud rates as well; it just takes longer, i.e. several
hours. On another (faster) computer computer the problem went away, and now
on a 200MHz pentium I never see the problem.
NI says they have been able to reproduce the problem using a C program and
therefore blame the problem on MS serial prot drivers. However, this seems
unlikely to me, because so many terminal/dial-in programs don't experience
this problem. Unless of course it is realted to the presence of other
hardware on your system... I had a 3COM Etherlink III card at the time for
which I had a mild suspicion.
Sorry to say that I don't see any other solution then to try another
computer configuration.
Ferry Toth
Enraf BV
The Netherlands

Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with write to serial port

2. writing in binary to a serial port

3. Serial Port Writing with CDD 3 DOS

4. How do I read/write serial port?

5. Writing bytes out of Serial Port

6. During serial port communication (writing/transmission) is...

7. Serial Port Write

8. writing/reading from serial port

9. Serial port, flushes after write

10. Reading and writing individual bits on the serial port

11. Reading/writing to serial port w/ VISA in Labview

12. Serial PORT WRITE