Synchronised DAQ with 2 PCI-cards
Author Message
 Synchronised DAQ with 2 PCI-cards

Hi folks,

we want to use two (2) synchronised PCI-6071E DAQ cards in one PC. At
the moment we use software triggers. Is it possible two get the
software trigger for device 2 from device 1? Or do we have to use an
external trigger what is not impossible but it needs more work? Do any
DAQ vi exist for two DAQ devices?

Thanks for help, Felix

Felix Tiefenbacher

 Swiss Federal Institute for Snow- and Avalanche Research
 Avalanche Dynamics
 Flelastrasse 11
 CH-7260 Davos Dorf

 Tel: +41 (0)81/417 02 53
 Fax: +41 (0)81/417 01 10

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 19:07:40 GMT
 Synchronised DAQ with 2 PCI-cards
Software triggering in this case might be possible, but the better
solution is to start things with a hardware trigger. Any computer
running a commercial OS will have varying amounts of latency that will
make reliable software triggering problematic. What's more, the faster
the event is that you are trying to capture, the worse the problem
gets--and sliding snow is very fast.

I understand that external triggering is more work, but you get much
better results. Also the only tricky part will be generating the
trigger. The code for a hardware triggered acquisition isn't any more
complicated than software triggered code.

Mike...

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 23:05:43 GMT

1. FA: National Instruments PCI-5102 Digital Oscilloscope and PCI-6071E Multi-I/O DAQ cards

2. Separating data using PCI 6204E DAQ PC Card.

3. regarding PCI-6052 E daq card

4. Mac G4 crashes using continuous generation with PCI-1200 DAQ card

5. PCI Video Cards and ISA Video Cards

6. PCI Video Cards and ISA Video Cards

7. Using of Measure buffered Period(DAQ-STC).vi for PCI-6025E board

8. Compatibility of PCI-6602 board and NI-DAQ

9. PCI 1408, DAQ-triggered through RTSI

10. Pulse input to DAQ PCI-MIO-16XE-50

11. DAQ with PCI/DSP4 (Physical Acoustics)

12. PCI-6024E Daq I/O Board