How can I change cursor format in xy graph (LabVIEW 6.1)
Author Message
 How can I change cursor format in xy graph (LabVIEW 6.1)

I created a XY Graph where the format on the X-axis can be either the
number of the data record or the Date/Time at which it was collected
(selectable by the user).

Now I can set the format of the X-scale (0 or 7 respectively) but the
cursor format will not change, i.e. it will show a large decimal
number and no Date/Time if X-scale is switched to Date/Time format via
7.

Any ideas how to achieve it?

I also tried using 2 cursors but apparently both have to have the same
format, i.e. one cannot be decimal while the other is Date/Time.

Thanks in advance,
Juergen

Wed, 12 Oct 2005 05:22:07 GMT
 How can I change cursor format in xy graph (LabVIEW 6.1)
In situations where you can't do what you want with a property node,
you might want to place one item on top of the other, and just use the
visible property to get the behaviour you want

Wed, 12 Oct 2005 16:12:15 GMT
 How can I change cursor format in xy graph (LabVIEW 6.1)

Quote:
> I created a XY Graph where the format on the X-axis can be either the
> number of the data record or the Date/Time at which it was collected
> (selectable by the user).

> Now I can set the format of the X-scale (0 or 7 respectively) but the
> cursor format will not change, i.e. it will show a large decimal
> number and no Date/Time if X-scale is switched to Date/Time format via
> 7.

The properties of the scale do not affect the cursor.  The cursor's
format can also be set programmatically using the property node.  Right
click on the item in the cursor legend that you wish to control and
choose Create >> Property Node.  From there you set the format same as
with the scale.

Greg McKaskle

Thu, 13 Oct 2005 07:55:37 GMT
 How can I change cursor format in xy graph (LabVIEW 6.1)
Which Version of LV? V6.02 doesn't seem to have that property...

Mike...

Fri, 14 Oct 2005 09:48:15 GMT
 How can I change cursor format in xy graph (LabVIEW 6.1)

Quote:
> Which Version of LV? V6.02 doesn't seem to have that property...

The property is the standard digital numeric properties.  I don't think
it is version dependent, but I was looking at LV6.1.

Show the graph cursor legend.  Popup on the numeric readout you want to
change.  In 6.1, you can Create>> Property Node and it will be the
numeric property node.  Ditto for the other elements in the cursor
legend.  If you can't do this directly, and I know that some earlier
version put the graph's popup  up when right clicking on the legend,
then you should be able to get the array's popup when you click on the
edge of the legend, and from there you can dig down to the numeric.

Greg McKaskle

Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:12:06 GMT
 How can I change cursor format in xy graph (LabVIEW 6.1)
Just to confirm that it works also on LV6.

Fri, 14 Oct 2005 22:00:46 GMT
 How can I change cursor format in xy graph (LabVIEW 6.1)
Ah, you have to go in that way. I was looking for something under the
Cursors property for the control. Though, I can see why it's not
there. Thise are all parameters that you can individually set for each
cursor.

Mike...

Fri, 14 Oct 2005 22:40:55 GMT

1. Using cursor list to create cursors on XY Graph

2. move the name of cursor (not the cursor itself) on the XY graph

3. System date time format with LabVIEW 6.1

4. Disable scrolling of cursor in a xy graph

5. moving xy graph cursor with mouse and programmably controlling snap to point

6. Does Labview 6.1 installation change the boot sector?

7. Cannot change update mode in waveform chart of application in Labview 6.1

8. XY-Graph Time&Date format

9. XY Graph size changes with Y scale

10. Changing the colours on multicomponent XY graphs.

11. At run time Can I change scale lable and representaion of scale on the XY graph

12. XY Graph size changes with Y scale